IBPS PO Job Profile, Description, Responsibilities, Career and Salary
IBPS (The Institute of banking personnel & selection) is an autonomous body set up to recruit’s eligible candidates.
The Notification for IBPS PO exam is posted online on the authorized website.
It provides service to all the public sector banks which includes SBI, Associates bank, NABARD, SIDBI etc.
Every year lakh of job aspirants apply for the post of IBPS PO. If you are planning to prepare for IBPS PO exam then you must be familiar with the IBPS PO job profile, career & growth opportunities
The probationary officer is the first ladder to enter and serve as an officer in the banking sector. Role of a PO in the bank is evitable.
The career in banking is surely the best career option every person dream of because of its various facilities’ and additional advantages as compared to the other work profile.
Candidates preparing for IBPS PO designation must have the question on their mind regarding the IBPS PO officer salary and job profile?
In this post, I will discuss the following key topics, let’s have a look
- Job profile of IBPS PO and salary
- Life and responsibilities of IBPS PO officer
- Promotion of a probationary officer
- IBPS PO salary structure
- IBPS PO officer career growth opportunities
- Selection process
- How to become an ibps PO officer
What does IBPS Bank PO mean?
Bank PO is basically the assistant manager of scale-1 in a bank. He is a junior manager of a scale-1 officer. The probation period may last for 2 years.
After the selection criterion is done, a probationary officer has to go through the intensive training program.
What is the job profile of IBPS PO Officer?
Participants you all are inquisitive to know about IBPS PO job profile.
During the probation period, you will be appointed as assistant manager. It is also known as junior manager grade-1(JMG-SCALE-I).
Initial posting as a probationary officer (PO)
Yes, if you are appointed as a probationary officer, you have to go through the initial induction program in management training academics.
The duration of training programs varies from banks to banks. After the successful completion of the training program, PO can be posted anywhere in India.
Duration of probation period;
The probation period is of two years in which officer learn various banking related task/operations.
In some bank the total duration of probation is only one year whereas in other banks it is divided into phases;
Ist phase-six month
II phase-six month
III Phase-twelve months
The officer may undergo deputation and transfer frequently during their probationary period.
Nowadays, most of the banks are appointing officers as deputing managers after they pass the test. The
IBPS PO job description is best defined as the following.
Here is the list of roles of Bank PO officers
- Customer processing– the duty of banking PO officer is to handle the customers and their queries.
PO officer handles customers complaints regarding rectification of undue charges, discrepancies in accounts, ATM cards, demand drafts etc
- Loan processing– One of the most prominent functions of office assistant is providing the loan to the customers. Po officer is responsible for the supervision of all the required documents verification.
- Supervision of clerk work– The entire clerical works such as customer dealing, the opening of accounts, and managing cash is done under the provision of the PO officer.
- Multitasking job– The role of the PO officer is to perform multiple tasks. The tasks can be related to marketing, loans, advance, and finance.
|IBPS PO Cut Off Marks||IBPS PO Syllabus 2019|
Life and Responsibilities of a Bank PO
- PO Officer can be asked to perform any task related to the bank after they undergo a probation period. It can be a clerical or assistant job.
- During the period of probation, they provide knowledge regarding finance, marketing, the bill as well as investment.
- After completing the probationary period he/she can be posted to any bank as an assistant bank manager who holds transaction such as clearance of cheque, cash management etc.
- The PO officers have to manage the cash flow of the bank, mortgages, loans, and finance.
- The PO officer has to check all the work done by clerks.
- A bank PO issues checkbooks, ATM cards, demand draft etc.
- The bank PO has to verify all the documents of the customer regarding loan.
Above stated are the IBPS PO roles and responsibility that entails the job profile of a probationary officer.
If you want to pursue your career in banking then you must apply for PO exams because of the growth prospects and benefits of po job.
The bank po can be promoted to a higher level in the hierarchy as per their performance and hard work. Hard work, performance and potential are key factors in the promotion. Today lakh of job aspirants want to pursue po exams because of its promising career progression.
It is no doubt the highest in-demand job among job seekers. We all are aware of the fact that a career in bank offers stability, job security, challenging work and also the chances of promotion are very high in po jobs.
|IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2019||IBPS PO Online Form|
|IBPS PO Prelims Admit Card||IBPS PO Question Papers|
|IBPS PO Exam Centers 2019||IBPS PO 2019 Result|
What are Career Growth Prospects of IBPS PO officer?
The bank po officer has excellent growth opportunities. There is a pool of opportunities available to bank po officer.
IBPS PO has the fastest-growing career as compared to other government jobs.
As it is considered a very reputed job among all the jobs it offers employee attractive benefits, perks and a handsome salary.
Even the current chairman has joined as a PO officer.
The candidates get promoted on the basis of their performance
Following is the career progression of bank PO officer.
- Probationary Officer
- Deputy Manager
- Senior Manager
- Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager (AGM)
- Deputy General Manager (DGM)
- General Manager (GM)
In every 2-3 year, it gives promotion to employees. After appointed as a probationary officer candidate have to undergo a probation period after successful completion of that you will be posted as an assistant manager in other banks.
As a probationary officer, you will be offered various opportunities to grow your career. IBPS JOB profile is enticing.
After completion of 2 years, you may be selected as manager
The growth chart for a banker begins from this post of Assistant Manager then follows as:
☛ Deputy Manager
☛ Branch Manager
☛ Senior Branch Manager-
☛ Chief Manager
☛ Assistant General Manager
☛ General Manager.
After starting your career as a probationary officer in public sector banks. You are eligible to appear for the associate examination.
JAIIB and CAIIB have bright opportunities for candidates.
Salary Structure of Bank PO
IBPS PO aspirants your search for IBPS PO job profile and salary has brought you here. You are at the right place. The banks reward their probationary officers quite handsomely.
The basic pay of an SBI PO is Rs 23,700. In addition to this basic pay, the officers are also eligible for Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), CCA, special allowance etc. The total salary thus amounts to Rs 40,239 per month.
A bank probationary officer’s initial salary is same as of the other public sector banks & even in some of the private banks.
As per the revised salary of bank po officer their initial pay will be twenty-three thousand seven hundred only as stated above.
They are also entitled to increment of rupees 980/-
In addition to the basic pay-scale po officer are entitled to following perks and allowances;
Let’s take a quick glance at the following;
- Dearness allowances– it is revised on a quarterly basis. The new basic dearness allowance is 39.80%. Dearness allowance can go up with inflation and come down with deflation.
- Special allowances– the bank po officers are entitled to this allowance that is 7.75% on which D.A is also payable. This allowance is added to the 10th bipartite settlement.
- House rent allowances–
House rent allowances are given to salaried officers. It purely depends on the location/place of posting of po officer. Self-employed are exempted from this allowance.
The Selection Process of IBPS PO officer
The job of an ibps po officer has a wonderful career opportunity. Every year lakhs of students compete for this post.
The Institute of banking personnel & selection conducts the selection procedure of eligible candidates.
The po exam requires hard work, thorough preparation, and potential to crack the ibps po examination.
Pre-examination training in IBPS PO selection process
Pre-exam training is arranged by the nodal banks/ participating organization for a limited number of candidates who belong to scheduled caste/ scheduled tribes/ minor communities
Eligible candidates can fill the form online for pre-exam training.
The training is imparted free of cost
Online Examination for IBPS PO selection process
I. The pattern of the Examinations which will be held online are as follows:
a. Preliminary Examination
|Sr.No||Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 hour|
Following is the pattern of the main examination
|Sr.No||Name of Tests
(Not BY SEQUENCE)
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1.||Reasoning||50||50||English & Hindi||40 minutes|
|2.||English Language||40||40||English||30 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||English & Hindi||40 minutes|
|4.||General Awareness (with special reference to Banking)||40||40||English & Hindi||20 minutes|
|5.||Computer Knowledge||20||20||English & Hindi||10 minutes|
However, for cut-off score candidates have to score a minimum score in each of the section to be finalized for the final interview round.
Scores achieved in mains will be considered in the interview round and final merit list.
Marking Pattern in IBPS PO selection process
The corrected scores obtained by the students will be normalized
Is there any negative marking scheme in the selection process?
There is a penalty for the wrong answer. 0.25 marks will be deducted from the corrected score as a penalty. If you leave any question there will be no penalty for it.
- Normalized using the equi-percentile method
- Marks up to two decimal point will be taken into consideration
- IBPS PO interview – It is another stage of the selection process.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted the main exam CWE PO/MT-VII with minimum scores/cut-off is called for the interview round.
- The interview will be conducted at the selected centers. Candidate can download the call letter from the authorized website of ibps.
- The center, date, and venue will be mentioned in the call letter.
- The interview carries total 100 marks
- The minimum qualifying mark is 35% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- The weight age ration of CWE mains examination and interview is 80:20
- The combined scores will have arrived on the basis of score obtained in CWE mains/MT-VII and interview.
- Candidate must qualify both mains exam and interview to be considered a finalist for IBPS po post.
- Non-submission of essential documents or failure of submission of documents will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Candidates are required to carry valid id proofs along with him at the time of interview
- The rules and regulation are very strict regarding bank exam one must adhere and read carefully all the guidelines before arriving at the exam.
For your reference I am hereby providing you questions that are asked in the interview round:
Q. Why you want to join banking career?
Q. Why you left your previous job?
Q What is your educational and personal background
Q what is CLR
Q What is SLR
Q What are the various service offered by commercial banks
Q.What is PFF
Q.What is RuPay card?
Q.Bull and Bear market?
Q.What is SWIFT?
Q.What is Service Tax?
Q.What is Mutual Fund?
What is the safest type of fund?
Mutual Fund is a pool of fund where investors invest their money for a common?
What is GST?
The ibps po interview will be one amazing lifetime experience to gain knowledge and education.
Tips to Crack IBPS PO interview
Yes, the interview is always a nerve-wracking and bone-chilling experience. You don’t need to panic. You just need to follow below tips which are beneficial to crack the interview with much ease;
1. Keep all the essential documents and papers with you at the venue of the interview’
2. Project confidence in front of the interviewer
3. Some basic interview manners include
• Be prompt & spontaneous
• Be time punctual
• Keep your cell phone on silent mode
• Your body language is important
• Always look presentable.
• Please make sure that you support your strength by giving examples
• Do not hesitate
• Prepare well for the interview
• Never bluff about your skills
• Collect the basic facts about the company or bank in which you are giving the interview.
• Always be aware of your competency skills
• State your career objectives clearly
• Update your cv with latest work experience and achievements
Above mentioned tips will be beneficial for candidates to crack the interview with much ease and score top grades.
At last, as a probationary officer, your IBPS bank PO job profile is challenging. It can be deposits, loans, and advances, credit card, fixed deposit and report making.
The IBPS job profile is lucrative.
Above is the information regarding ibps po job profile, salary and along with its career prospects. I hope you like the information shared above. If you like it don’t hesitate to share it with folks.
If I skipped anything above you can post your suggestion or ping us through the below comment box. Your feedback is valuable.