JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018 | IIT JEE Main Paper Pattern – Joint Entrance Exam Pattern (JEE Main 2018)
JEE Mains Exam Pattern also is known as Question paper pattern of IIT JEE Main. Most of the students confused between IIT JEE 2018 and JEE Mains 2018 both are same. Here we are focused on What is the pattern of JEE Exam? It has two papers. Paper 1 is for Engineering students and Paper 2 is for Architecture students. Let’s check depth details below.
The pattern of JEE main exam covers many valuable pieces of information like the model of paper, exam duration, JEE Main marking pattern, negative marking, provisions for persons with disability, language options etc.
Introduction – What is IIT JEE?
We know that JEE main is also known as Engineering Entrance Exam, the national level exam controlled by CBSE (Central board of secondary education) in India which is controlled and handled by the ministry of human resource development, handling the JEE main exam for candidates wants to get admission in the engineering colleges. Let’s come on the topic of this article about JEE 2018 Exam Pattern.
Here are some popular questions from students. we will discuss these entire questions and will provide you answer these related questions.
- Which paper have they to attend to get admission in different courses?
- What is the pattern of IIT JEE Exam?
- How many questions will be asked in the exam?
- What is the course of the JEE exam?
- What is timing for the exam?
- How many marks for the question asked in the exam?
- What will be the negative marking for JEE Mains?
JEE Main Exam Pattern Complete details
All of the students who are going to face JEE main exam they should have understood the JEE examination pattern first. this step will help you to make a proper study plan for jee the main exam that what to prepare? the weight of subjects and important topics etc. Check IIT JEE latest exam pattern. There are two papers: 1 and 2. This is prepared according to the student’s choice to take admission in B. tech or B. E or B.Arch or any other courses.
– JEE Main Paper 1 stands for Engineering Entrance Exam for B.E / B.Tech.
– JEE Main Paper 2 stands for Architecture Entrance Exam for B.Arch / B.Planning.
|Paper||Subjects||Type of Questions||Mode of Exam||Duration|
||Objective Type Questions||Pen and Paper based
Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Paper II (B.Arch /
||Objective Type Questions||Pen and Paper based||03 hours|
There are two ways in which exam will be organized, for different two ways the different process is there that the students already have seen while JEE Main 2018 Registration. here is the different mode for you. Pen and Pencil based Offline exam OR Computer based test (CBT) online mode. you can choose any of mode. Fees are also categorized in different ways to attend this exam. All the students who want to take admission in B.Tech or B.E will attend JEE Main Paper 1 and all the students who want to take admission in B.Arch or any other will attempt JEE Main Paper 2.
Marking for both papers
- Paper 1 and paper 2 will have the same number of question 90-90 questions in each.
- Each question will carry 4 marks in each paper 1 and paper2.
- Each wrong mark will reduce 1 mark for both the paper in each question.
- Total marks of both the paper 1 and paper 2 will be of 360.
- The timing for the paper 1 and paper 2 both will carry 3-3 hours.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern – Paper 1 (For B.Tech/B.E Courses)
You can choose your mode in any of these given modes. CBSE board give an option to all students to give exam in Pen and Pencil based Offline mode OR Computer based test (CBT) Online mode. Here you can check more details about IIT JEE Main Exam Pattern below.
|Paper||Marks Per Question||Total Questions||Marks|
JEE Main Pen and Paper based Test (Offline JEE Main exam)
Here in this Offline mode, category students need to aware of these given points about their JEE Main Question paper pattern like mode of exam, language, time duration, question types and finally JEE Main paper marks pattern with negative marking. all given data is purely based on last year calculation If any changes will be made in the JEE Exam Pattern 2018 you will be noticed by us.
- Exam Mode – If you select for offline paper in your JEE main application form you will ready for Pen and Paper (P & P) mode paper. Where you should have chosen one right answer for every question.
- Language – Here are some options for you to choose a suitable language for your paper. you will find Paper in both Hindi and English language. Some of the other residents of residents of Daman & Diu, Nagar Havel, Gujarat, and Dadra were also given Gujarati as a language option and candidate of Maharashtra could also write the question paper of JEE Main 2018 in Urdu or Marathi.
- Sections – Here are 3 sections of JEE main pattern of question paper which are Physics, chemistry, and maths. An equal number of questions asked by each subject.
- Total No. of Questions – JEE Main paper contains total 90 questions. 30 questions from each subject.
- JEE mains Question paper pattern is objective type. you will face multi-choice type questions.
- Marking Pattern – The marking scheme for all papers will be +4 for right answer and -1/4 for every wrong answer.
- Duration of JEE Mains exam – You will have to solve all questions within given time duration of 03 hours. And PH candidates above 40% will be allowed an extra 01 hour to complete the exam. For unattempted questions, no marks will be deducted. Aspirants need to check all details of JEE Main Exam Format carefully.
- JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 (offline) – B.E/B.Tech – 03.04.2018 (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM)
Computer Based Test (CBT) (Online JEE Main exam)
JEE Main computer-based exam pattern is similar as above. This paper is also objective type paper you should choose one correct answer from all options. The main difference in this paper is that it will take on a computer screen and other all functions are same in JEE Main online exam pattern.
JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 (Online) – 09.04.2018 Shift 1 – (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM) Shift 2 – (2:00 PM to 5:30 PM)
Paper 2 (Online) – 10.04.2018 Shift 1 – (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM) Shift 2 – (2:00 PM to 5:30 PM)
JEE Main Paper Pattern – Paper II (For B.Arch/B.Planning)
This is JEE Main Paper 2 which is dedicated to admission in architecture courses. Check Exam pattern for IIT JEE mains exam of paper II below.
- Paper II only has the offline mode. Pen & Paper based Exam.
- It has 3 sections Mathematics, Aptitude Test, and Drawing.
- All sections have different marks. Aptitude paper has 40 questions and Mathematics has 30 questions. and drawing has questions of 70 marks. and the marking scheme is same as above in paper I.
- JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 (offline) – B.Arch/B.Planning – 03.04.2018 (2:00 PM to 5:30 PM)
You can also check JEE Advanced exam pattern here.
JEE Main Syllabus and Pattern
Students need to check complete JEE Main Exam Syllabus before starting their preparations. here are some major points to consider in your study plan.
- Two paper 1 and paper 2 will have different syllabus according to the different stream.
- Paper 1 will have 11th and 12th class syllabus for physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Paper 2 will have three parts in it 1. Will be objective type mathematics questions 2. will be objective questions on aptitude 3 will have drawing test. check more detailed topics of JEE Main syllabus 2018 here.
- Paper 1 will have both mode of pen pencil and computer-based exam.
- Paper 2 will have only pen pencil based paper.
How to prepare for JEE main?
We know each and every student is working hard for the exam, and no one wants to lose not even one mark or a chance to lose the exam selection. So it is important to prepare for the JEE exam with full of concentration and power. you should focus on these given JEE main preparation tips.
- Not to take the stress, keep your mind fresh and healthy by giving some time in their scheduled slots to exercise and yoga.
- Take complete sleep hours to keep fresh yourself. Keep distance from distracting things.
- Check JEE exam question pattern properly.
- Do revise and complete syllabus by covering, practicing weak points in the syllabus.
- Keep strong short tricks and method to learn formulas and make strongest to stronger.
- Keep time management in their slots, do on regular basis.
- Just practicing the subjects and solve jee previous years papers to know more about exam and question frequency. You can also check this ultimate guide on how to study for JEE Mains.
You can also download JEE main exam pattern Pdf from official website www.jeemain.nic.in. If you have something more related to IIT JEE Exam pattern you can share with us. Use our comment section below for any suggestion and query of JEE Mains pattern for 2018. Wish you all the best for your exam, keep calm and stress less to do your best ever.