JEE Mains Syllabus 2019 Pdf Download in detail Subject wise with marks distribution
JEE is an engineering entrance exam which is conducted for admission to various colleges.
The exam is the objective type it contains multiple choice questions.
JEE Main 2019 entrance exam is conducted to providing admission to contestant into engineering and B. tech courses.
Exams are approaching near you need to leave no stone unturned when it comes to JEE Main preparation practice is the key to crack any exam with ease.
Today here I focus on What is the JEE Main Syllabus 2018 and Marking Scheme? where you will find various points such as
- What is JEE Main Syllabus for Maths?
- What is JEE Main Physics Syllabus?
- What is JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus?
- What is JEE Main Syllabus for Architecture?
Let’s move on to JEE Mains syllabus and marks distribution first
- JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018
- JEE Mains Syllabus for 2019
- JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2019
- JEE Main Physics Syllabus 2019
- JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus 2019
- JEE Main Syllabus for Paper 2
- JEE Main Syllabus – Class 11th & 12th
- How to use the syllabus for JEE Main preparation?
- Best Books for JEE Mains Syllabus
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018
There are two exams in the JEE Entrance Exam
• JEE Main
• JEE Advance
Candidates who successfully qualify the JEE main can apply for JEE advance.
The JEE main entrance exam is conducted in an online mode.
There are no changes in the jee main exam pattern.
It comprises of two papers
• Paper I- BE and B-tech
• Paper II- B. Arch / B planning
NTA is the main organization which conducts the joint entrance examination.
Participants you can apply or opt for any one of the paper or can give both the paper.
Let’s have a look at the Exam pattern of JEE main 2019
|JEE Main Exam Section||Number of Topics||Number of Questions||Section Score|
JEE Main Paper -1 Pattern
• The mode of exam is online
• The time duration assigned to the exam is 2 hours
• There will be a total 3 section in the exam
• Multiple choice question (MCQs) will be asked in the question paper
* There is negative marking for every wrong answer attempted by the candidate. One-fourth marks will be deducted as penalty
* Each question will be provided with four options and you have to choose one
JEE Main Paper 2 Pattern
• Examination notification has not been declared yet
• The allotted time is 3 hours
• There are three section
• Objective type question will be asked along with drawing aptitude test
• 4 marks will be awarded for attempting the right answer and I/4th will be deducted for every wrong.
JEE Mains Syllabus for 2019
Syllabus plays a significant role in the exam preparation. Therefore, for every exam, it is must for every candidate to aware of the syllabus.
I have come up with the brief detail regarding the JEE Main syllabus for paper 1.
Have a look at given below syllabus
JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2019
- Sets, relations, and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequences and series
- Limit, continuity, and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Mathematical reasoning
JEE Mains Mathematics Syllabus
IIT JEE Mains Maths Syllabus 2019 | Chapter Wise Weightage
Candidates below I have listed most important chapters in the subject mathematics.
Mark these topics and prioritize on the basis of weightage assigned to the topics.
|Units||Maths JEE Main Syllabus with Weightage||Maths Chapter Wise Weightage for JEE Mains|
|Unit-1||Sets, Relation and Function||4%|
|Unit-2||Complex Numbers and Quadratic equation||5%|
|Unit-3||Matrices and Determinants||4%|
|Unit-4||Permutations and Combinations||2%|
|Unit-7||Sequences & Series||5%|
|Unit-8||Limit, Continuity and Differentiability||5%|
|Unit-14||Statistics and Probability||7%|
Given below are the important topics which are filtered out of JEE main syllabus
Please check it below
JEE Main Exam Syllabus for Maths 2019
JEE Main Exam Syllabus for Maths 2019
|S. No.||Topics from Syllabus of JEE Mains 2019||Marking Weightage|
|1||Sets, Relations & Functions||3-4%|
|2||Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations||5-6%|
|3||Permutation and Combination||3-4%|
|5||Binomial Theorem and its Applications||3-4%|
|6||Sequence and Series||6-7%|
|7||Matrices and Determinants||6-7%|
|8||Statistics and Probability||4-5%|
|12||Limits, Continuity, and Differentiability||7-8%|
|17||Application of Derivatives||1%|
JEE Main Physics Syllabus 2019
Physics Section- (Theory Part, Weightage-80%)
- Physics and measurement
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy, and power
- Rotational motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic devices
- Communication systems
Section-B (Experimental Skills, Weightage-20%)
- Familiarity with the basic approach and observations of the experiment and activities:
- Vernier callipers – its use to measure the internal and external diameter and depth of a vessel.
- Screw gauge –its use to determine the thickness/ diameter of thin sheet/wire.
- Simple Pendulum-dissipation of energy by plotting a graph between square of amplitude and time.
- Meter Scale- mass of a given object by the principle of moments.
- Young’s modulus of elasticity of the material of a metallic wire.
- Surface tension of water by capillary rise and effect of detergents.
- Co-efficient of Viscosity of a given viscous liquid by measuring terminal velocity of a given spherical body.
- Plotting a cooling curve for the relationship between the temperature of a hot body and time.
- Speed of sound in air at room temperature using a resonance tube.
- Specific heat capacity of a given (1) solid (2) liquid by method of mixtures.
- Resistivity of the material of a given wire using Metre Bridge.
- Resistance of a given wire using Ohm’s law.
- Comparison of emf of two primary cells
- Determination of internal resistance of a cell.
- Resistance and figure of merit of a galvanometer by half deflection method.
- Focal length of:
- Convex mirror
- Concave mirror
- Convex lens (Using parallax method)
- Plot of angel of deviation vs angle of incidence for a triangular prism.
- Refractive index of a glass slab using a travelling microscope.
- Characteristic curves of a p-n junction diode in forward and reverse bias.
- Characteristic curves of a Zener diode and finding reverse break down voltage.
- Characteristic curves of a transistor and finding current gain and voltage gain.
- Identification of Diode, LED, Transistor, IC, Resistor, Capacitor from mixed collection of such items.
- Using multimeter to:
- Identify base of a transistor
- Distinguish between npn and pnp type transistor
- See the unidirectional flow of current in case of a diode and an LED
- Check the correctness or otherwise of a given electronic component(diode, transistor or IC).
JEE main physics syllabus according to marks weightage and important topics
Candidates are curious to know the physics syllabus and total marks weightage along with the important topics of physics.
I have mentioned below the table regarding the same. Please check
|Units||JEE Main 2019 Syllabus for Physics||JEE Mains Physics Chapter Wise Weightage|
|Unit – 1||Physics and Measurement||–|
|Unit – 2||Kinematics||3%|
|Unit – 3||Laws of Motion||6%|
|Unit – 4||Work, Energy and Power||4%|
|Unit – 5||Rotational Motion||7%|
|Unit – 6||Gravitation||2%|
|Unit – 7||Properties of Solids and Liquids||3%|
|Unit – 8||Thermodynamics||8%|
|Unit – 9||Kinetic Theory of Gases||2%|
|Unit – 10||Oscillations & Waves||–|
|Unit – 11||Electrostatics||9%|
|Unit – 12||Current Electricity||4%|
|Unit – 13||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||6%|
|Unit – 14||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents||3%|
|Unit – 15||Electromagnetic Waves||–|
|Unit – 16||Optics||6% Ray Optics|
|5% Wave Optics|
|Unit – 17||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||–|
|Unit – 18||Atoms and Nuclei||4%|
|Unit – 19||Electronic Devices||3%|
|Unit – 20||Communication Systems||4%|
|Unit – 21||Experimental Skills||–|
Candidate’s lengthy syllabus and infinite topics often land you in confusion and doubtful situation.
You need not worry as per the above listed important units I am giving you important topics from this chapter to make it easy and hassle-free for your preparation.
Go through the table is given below to know the list of important chapters in Physics for JEE Mains.
List of Important Physics Topics for JEE Mains 2019 [Experts Made]
Following are the important topics as per the syllabus of JEE Main
|Physics IIT JEE Mains Syllabus 2019|
|S. No.||Topics from Syllabus of JEE Mains 2019||Marking Weightage|
|1||Unit, Dimensions and Vectors||4-5%|
|3||Laws of Motion||4-5%|
|4||Work, Power and Energy||6-7%|
|5||Centre of Mass, Impulse and Momentum||3-4%|
|8||Simple Harmonic Motion||3-4%|
|9||Solids and Fluids||3-4%|
|11||Heat and Thermodynamics||10-11%|
|16||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||3-4%|
|JEE Main Application 2019||Aadhar Card Requirement for JEE Main|
|JEE Main Eligibility 2019||JEE Main 2019 Preparation Tips|
|JEE Main 2019 Cut Off||JEE Main Application Fees 2019|
JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus 2019
JEE Main Physical Chemistry Syllabus
- Chemistry Section- A (Physical Chemistry)
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
JEE Main Inorganic Chemistry Syllabus
Section-B (Inorganic Chemistry)
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
- S Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- P Block elements
- D – and F – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
JEE Main Organic Chemistry Syllabus
Section-C (Organic Chemistry)
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
Section-D (Experimental Skills)
- Detection of extra elements (N, S, Halogens) inorganic compounds.
- Detection of the following functional groups:
- Hydroxyl (Alcoholic and Phenolic)
- Carbonyl (Aldehyde and Ketone)
- Carboxyl and Amino groups in organic compounds.
- Chemistry involved in the preparation of the following:
- Inorganic compounds: Mohr’s salt, potash alum
- Organic compounds: Acetanilide, pnitroacetanilide, aniline yellow, iodoform
- Chemistry involved in the titrimetric exercises
- Acids bases and the use of indicators
- Oxalic-acid vs KMnO4
- Mohr’s salt vs KMnO4
- Chemical principles involved in the qualitative salt analysis :
- Cations-Pb2+, Cu2+, Al3+, Fe3+, Zn2+, Ni2+, Ca2+, Ba2+, Mg2+,NH4+
- Anions-CO32-, S2-, SO42-, NO3–, NO2–, Cl–, Br–, I– (Insoluble salts excluded)
- Chemical principles involved in the following experiments:
- Enthalpy of solution of CuSO4
- Enthalpy of neutralization of strong acid and strong base
- Preparation of lyophilic and lyophobic sols
- Kinetic study of the reaction of iodide ion with hydrogen peroxide at room temperature
JEE Main 2019 syllabus for Chemistry
Candidates there are 3 sections in the chemistry syllabus
• Physical chemistry
• Organic chemistry
• Inorganic chemistry
JEE main chemistry syllabus is vast and includes infinite topics covering all the topics might be very long for you.
To ease your preparation I provide you with a viable method to cover all the topics wisely. Go through the given below table in which important topics along with weight assigned are mentioned.
JEE Main Physical Chemistry Syllabus Topics
|Units||Chapter Wise Important Topics for Chemistry JEE Mains||Marking Weightage|
|Unit-1||Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry||4%|
|Unit-2||States of Matter||–|
|Unit-4||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||4%|
|Unit-8||Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry||4%|
JEE Main Inorganic Chemistry Syllabus Topics
|Units||Chapter Wise Important Topics for Chemistry JEE Mains||Marking Weightage|
|Unit-11||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||–|
|Unit-12||General Principles and Process of Isolation of Metals||–|
|Unit-14||S- Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)||5%|
|Unit-15||P- Block Elements||5%|
|Unit-16||D- and f- Block Elements||2%|
JEE Main Organic Chemistry Syllabus Topics
|Units||Chapter Wise Important Topics for Chemistry JEE Main||Marking Weightage|
|Unit-19||Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds||2%|
|Unit-20||Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry||4%|
|Unit-22||Organic Compounds Containing Halogens||3%|
|Unit-23||Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen||–|
|Unit-24||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||2%|
|Unit-27||Chemistry in Everyday Life||1%|
It is advised to target your attention on the topics which are of high weightage.
Important Topics for JEE Main Chemistry [Physical + Organic + Inorganic]
Check below the important topics which are predicted by experts. Have a look at the following.
IIT JEE Main Exam Syllabus for Chemistry
|Topics from Syllabus of JEE Mains 2019||Marking Weightage|
|Solution and Colligative Properties||4-5%|
|General Organic Chemistry||5-6%|
|Alcohols and Ethers||1%|
|Aldehydes and Ketones||3-4%|
|Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives||3-4%|
|Carbohydrates, Amino Acids and Polymers||6-7%|
|Transition Elements and Co-Ordination Chemistry||8-9%|
|Periodic Table and Representative Elements||5-6%|
JEE Main Syllabus for Paper 2
JEE Main B Arch syllabus
Candidates if you are interested in architecture engineering then you will have to appear for JEE main paper 2
The exam is conducted for those candidates who want to pursue their career in architecture and designing
There are three sections
To make your preparation flawless and easy. I am providing you with the detail information regarding the syllabus
Below are given list of topics that should be covered under syllabus
|S. No.||Important Topics for Aptitude JEE Mains Paper 2||Marking Weightage|
|1.||Awareness of Places, persons, buildings and materials||2-3%|
|2.||Texture and Objects related to Architecture||2-3%|
|3.||Visualizing 3D objects from 2D drawings||3-4%|
|4.||Visualizing Different sides of 3D Objects||3%|
|8.||Contrast and Harmony||–|
|9.||Building Forms and Elements||–|
|10.||3D- Perception and Appreciation of scale and proportion of objects.||2-3%|
IIT JEE Main Syllabus for Paper 2 Drawing
|S. No.||Important Topics for Aptitude JEE Mains Paper 2|
|1.||Drawing and Designing of geometrical or abstract shapes & patterns in pencil|
|2.||Transformation of forms both 2D and 3D union|
|3.||Elevation and 3D views of objects rotation|
|4.||Development of Surfaces and Volumes|
|5.||Generation of Plan|
|6.||Creating 2D & 3D compositions using given shapes and forms|
|7.||Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes|
Candidates when you have a fair idea regarding the important topics, it becomes easier to set your study goals and accomplish them on time.
The mathematics syllabus will be same as in paper 1.
JEE Main Syllabus – Class 11th & 12th
Candidates 12th class subjects topics have more weightage in JEE Main exam comparatively to 11th standard. Generally, it has 40:60 ratios.
40% for 11th class and 60% for 12th class.
Below are the important chapters for JEE exam from Class 11th & 12th-
- Electricity and magnetism
- Thermal physics
- Fluids and waves and sound
- Potentiometer-related experiments
- Modern physics
- Physical Chemistry
- Mole Concept
- Atomic Structure
- Organic Chemistry
- General Organic Chemistry
- Named Reactions
- Organic Synthesis:
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Vectors (and 3D Geometry)
How to use the syllabus for JEE Main preparation?
What is a syllabus?
A syllabus is a document that contained detailed information regarding the course you are pursuing.
Syllabus importance in JEE main exam
- Candidates for a brilliant approach toward exam aware yourself regarding JEE mains syllabus.
- JEE main syllabus is the stepping stone that will eventually fetch you a great result.
- CBSE syllabus for physics, chemistry, and mathematics for class XI and XII will be the same in the JEE mains entrance exam 2019.
As we all know the syllabus plays a significant role in any exam. I will brief you regarding how to use the JEE syllabus for preparation.
In the last years it has observed there are no changes in the syllabus of JEE exams
JEE Main Detailed Syllabus 2019 for Paper 2
|Part 1 Tests
Awareness of persons, places, buildings, and materials
Objects and texture related to architecture and build environment
Visualising 3D objects from two dimensional drawings
Visualising different sides of 3D objects
Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal)
3D perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast.
Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
Transformation of forms both 2D and 3D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3D views of objects.
Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms.
Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles. gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.
|Part 2 Test
If the CBSE issues any information regarding the change in the JEE Main syllabus for 2018 and 2018, this page will be updated accordingly.
These above are important topics for JEE main Syllabus for drawing test.
Part 2 Test
If the CBSE issues any information regarding the change in the JEE Main syllabus for 2019, this page will be updated accordingly.
You can also visit the official website for download pdf file of JEE mains syllabus. jeemain.nic.in
Let us now discuss how to use the syllabus for JEE main preparation?
Candidates it will be beneficial to know how syllabus can be used for flawless preparation towards the upcoming JEE main exam.
- JEE Main 2019 Syllabus is a well-organized, comprehensive and easy to read detailed guide to the exam. Policies and instruction are mentioned in a friendly tone may encourage the students to go through it and adhere it sincerely.
- Syllabus holds a significant place in JEE main exam 2019. Therefore, its importance can’t be ignored or overlooked.
- Candidates are required to go through the syllabus by heart. They need to pay close attention to the topics and subtopics.
- Ex-IItians have recommended that student must follow a study plan and systematic approach for smart study.
Achieving your goals can be challenging. Candidates are required to put in their hard works through practice and study and follow the syllabus as the syllabus act as a direction or guide to our study.
- Candidates are required to go through the authentic source of reference which covers the maximum syllabus topics of JEE Main including important topics and subtopics.
- Once you are well acquainted with you can start your preparation on the go.
- Syllabus enables to consume less time it gives a fair review of the topics which are expected to appear in the upcoming exam.
There is no specified percentage require to appear in the JEE main examination.
Candidates must have scored 75% (65% is required for SC/ST candidates) in 10+2 in order to be eligible for JEE main entrance exam
It is all important to keep yourself at par with the rest of the candidates.
You may join some coaching classes for preparation of JEE main entrance examination.
You can take mock test and timed practice papers to develop right course management and time management skills.
Best Books for JEE Mains Syllabus
Books play a prominent role in any exam. Books are said to be a self-help guide that strengthens your preparation. Preparing for JEE main is not an easy task. In this article,e I have compiled the list of books for reference in JEE main exam.
It is true that books are the roadmaps to success. For your flawless preparation and update you regarding best recommended books.
|Master Resource Book in Physics for JEE Main||Complete Mathematics for JEE Main 2019||Master Resource Book in Chemistry for JEE Main|
If you have the right set
Tips on how to buy the best book
- Candidates it is advised to go for the latest edition
- Please do not refer so many courses book at a time it will land you into trouble
- Go for study material prepared by ex-iitians.
How to prepare for JEE mains according to the syllabus?
Candidates are curious to know regarding the preparation for JEE mains entrance exam.
Preparation for JEE mains is not an easy task. It asks for dedication and determination on the part of candidates
As we all know the syllabus for JEE mains are vast and it needs to be channelized for the best result.
Given below tips and tricks can help the candidates to know the answer to how to prepare for JEE mains exam
- The first and foremost thing is to know your JEE Mains Entrance Exam syllabus 2019. As it is the comprehensive detail guide of course.
- As advised by the experts try to solve maximum sample papers and take mock tests
- Revise to be wise- candidate revise the important topics on the frequent basis
- Refer the best recommended books by the experts. It is advised that NCERTs is the best do for the entire subject. Pick up the right books for practice and advanced learning.
- Be positive and don’t get panic- don’t let negativity affect you in any way. You need to stick to your preparation
- Candidates remember always there is no short route to success. The path may be tedious but if you get succeeded all the difficulties you have encountered will be irrelevant.
- Candidates never ever compromise on your hard work and dedication when it comes to the preparation for the JEE mains exam.
- You make seek the help of coaching classes or experts for best of your preparation
- Concentrate on the important topics of all the three subjects that is physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Cover the entire Class 11th and 12th syllabus
- Engage yourself in constructive discussion regarding important topics with fellow member
Candidates no hard work will go in vain. Your perseverance in the practice is the cutting edge to make it to your admission into your dream college.
Work hard and leave no stone unturned when it comes to preparation.
Candidates I wish the above-detailed guide regarding JEE mains syllabus are best of your use. If you like reading my article do share it with your friends and community.
I encourage you to work hard and put in your best effort in JEE main preparation.
The exam is knocking on the door be wise with your study plans.
Also, I have skipped anything useful above you can connect with us through below-given comment section.
All your suggestion is precious and valuable.
If you do have any queries or doubts regarding the topic use the comment section below. Our expert will get back to you at the earliest and sort out all the queries on the go.
Thank you and good luck for future endeavors.