Top MBA Entrance Exams 2019 Complete Guide
Aspirants if you are planning to seek admission in top management schools then you have to qualify MBA entrance exam in order to be eligible for the admission.
MBA degree has gained huge popularity over the years. Every leading corporate firm wants to hire MBA graduate.
Candidates planning to appear in the MBA entrance exam must be familiar with top business school/management institutes entrance exam and MBA entrance exam syllabus. Once you are well acquainted with exam important dates, types of MBA entrance exam and selection procedure etc., you can start your preparation accordingly.
Candidates planning to pursue a Career in MBA are curious to know important information regarding the MBA entrance exam.
Let’s have a glance at types of MBA entrance exam first; first is Regular MBA & second is Distance MBA.
Please check the below-given table for the reference.
Popular MBA Entrance Exams
MBA aspirants you must be all inquisitive to learn how many MBA entrance exams are there in India?
MBA Entrance Exams List
|S.No.||Exam Name||Application Starts||Exam Date|
|1.||CAT||2nd week of August||4th week of November|
|2.||XAT||3rd week of August||1st week of January|
|3.||IIFT||1st week of August||1st week of December|
|4.||SNAP||2nd week of August||3rd week of December|
|5.||NMAT by GMAC||1st week of July||1st week of October – 3rd week of December|
|6.||CMAT||3rd week of October||4th week of January|
|7.||IBSAT||1st week of July||4th week of December|
|8.||IRMASAT||2nd week of October||1st week of February|
|9.||MICAT||4th week of September||3rd week of December|
|10.||MAH CET MBA/MMS||3rd week of January||2nd week of March|
|11.||MAT||–||February + May + September + December|
|12.||ATMA||–||January + February + May + June + August|
CAT- Common Entrance Exam
Talking about the MBA entrance exams, CAT (common admission test) is the most sought-after MBA entrance exam among all the entrance exam which is conducted for admission to postgraduate management exams.
Every year twenty lakh aspirants appear for the common admission test. The application form fees for the exam are 1800 for the general category and 900 for the reserved category. During the exams, candidates are not allowed to switch between the sessions.
There will be a total of 3 sections in the CAT exam Logical reasoning, Data interpretation, and English sections. Candidates it is to be noted that use of calculators and cell phones are strictly prohibited in the exam center. You have to use the online screen calculator.
XAT-Xavier Admission Test
For more than 60 years XLRI Jamshedpur has been conducting XAT exam on all India level to select the qualified candidates for management test.
It is to bring to your knowledge that there are more than 140 colleges that accept XAT scores.
As per the data, more than 90,000 candidates appear for the XAT exam.
IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade)
Aspirants IIFT was set up in the year 1963 by the government of India. IIFT is an autonomous organization to assist professionalizes the country’s trade management.
Today it is considered one of the most well-known business schools. Every year 50,000 students apply for 400 seats in the three popular campus in New Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada
SNAP- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
It is a written test conducted for admission into all the postgraduate management institutes of symbiosis international university.
It is considered national level postgraduate entrance exam for admission into MBA programme
CMAT –(Common Management Admission Aptitude Test)
AICTE or all India council for technical education conducts CMAT entrance exam for admission into MBA or PGDM programme at over 1000 AICTE B- schools.
Aspirants it is to bring to your notice that application procedure for the admission will commence from the month of October. The computer-based test is conducted and the duration assigned to the exam is three hours.
IBSAT- (IBS Aptitude Test)
IBSAT exam is conducted by the ICFAI business school Hyderabad for MBA aspirants who wish to seek admission into the management programme of ICFAI.
The test is held all over India and the application fees for the exam is 1800.
ATMA -(AIMS Test for Management Bussiness)
ATMA entrance exam has been approved by the ministry of HRD of the government. Candidates, there are total 100 MBA institutes that accept ATMA scores.
Let’s have a glance at General exam eligibility for MBA entrance exam
Candidates who wish to pursue their career in MBA are keen to know the general eligibility for MBA entrance exam.
|Best Courses After 12th Arts|
|Best Courses After Graduation|
MBA Exam Dates & Schedule
Please have a look at the following table for your reference
Candidate’s preparing for the MBA entrance exam must be aware regarding every detail about the exam to avoid ambiguity.
You must have fair knowledge regarding the exam schedule, registration, last date etc.
The absence of information or a lack of knowledge may lead to confusion.
|MBA Entrance Exam||MBA Entrance Exam 2019 Dates||Mode of MBA Entrance Exam|
|CAT 2019||November 25, 2019||Computer Based Test|
|IIFT 2019||December 2, 2019||Paper Based test|
|NMAT by GMAC 2019||Oct 4 to Dec 17, 2019||Computer Based Test|
|SNAP 2019||December 16, 2019||Computer Based Test|
|XAT 2019||January 6, 2019||Computer Based Test|
|ATMA August 2019||August 5, 2019||Computer Based test|
|MAT 2019 September||September 2, 2019||Paper Based test|
|MAT 2019 September||September 15, 2019||Computer Based Test|
MBA Exam Eligibility Criteria
Candidates preparing for the MBA entrance exam must be well versed with entrance exam eligibility criteria. Candidate’s management exams require that students must be a graduate in any discipline fan from the authorized university.
There is a certain exam which demands 50% aggregate score as eligibility criteria. Furthermore, candidates who are in the final year and results are awaited can also appear in the entrance exam.
It is to bring to your knowledge that AICTE and CMAT require 5 years of working experience if you want to pursue Executive MBA.
Candidates have to fulfill certain MBA eligibility criteria set by the entrance exam before applying for the exam.
Admission Procedure for MBA Entrance Exams
How to Apply for MBA Entrance test?
Candidates before applying for the respective exam it are advised always to ensure your eligibility for the exam.
The admission procedure to MBA entrance exams includes online enrolling followed by registration and MBA application form filling.
You have to upload all the necessary documents and the scanned signature.
After successfully completing of MBA application form filling procedure you are required to pay the registration fees of the exam.
The MBA application fees usually charged between rupees 1000/- to 3000 which you can pay through the online mode via credit card/Debit card, Bank challans, bank demand drafts.
Many of the examinations provide candidates the facility to choose the respective examination center based on their preference and exam center are allotted based on the preference made by the candidates during application form filling.
Few of the MBA entrance exams are held once in a year & Exams like AIMA-MAT, CMAT held multiple times (4 times, 2 times in a year)
MBA Exam Duration
We have received queries from the application asking regarding the duration of the MBA entrance exam.
The duration that is assigned to the exam is 150 minutes to 210 minutes.
Comrades, so far I hope you are well satisfied and familiar regarding the detailed information regarding important MBA entrance exams, their general MBA exam pattern and admission procedure so far.
Let’s have a glance at MBA entrance exam syllabus
Candidates preparing for the entrance exam are keen to know regarding the syllabus for MBA entrance exam
|Best Courses After 12th Arts|
|Best Courses After Graduation|
MBA Entrance Exam Fees
As we all know that exam dates for MBA admission test have been officially out.
You must be inquisitive to know regarding the MBA Exam.
Candidates you have to pay certain fees during MBA application form filling.
Candidates it is to be noted that every college entrance exam has different fees.
Nonpayment of fees may lead to cancelation of your application form
Please check the fees structure of various MBA entrance exams.
|Acronym||CAT Exam Fees|
|Fee||₹1,800 (US$26) for general category candidates. ₹900 (US$13) for SC / ST / DA (PWD) category candidates|
|Scores/grades used by||Various business schools in India|
Candidates belonging to the other categories are required to pay 800 fees.
Candidates for MAT entrance exam for MBA you are required to pay 1100 as an application fees
|XAT 2019 Registration commences||August 20, 2018|
|XAT Registration 2019 Ends without Late Fee||November 30, 2018|
|XAT Registration Charges without Late Fee||Rs.1700/-|
|XAT 2019 Registration Ends with Late Fee||December 7, 2018|
|XAT Registration Charges With Late Fee||Rs.2000/-|
Note: Candidates please make the payment of fees before the due date in order to avoid late fees charges.
|SNAP Registration fee online||Rs.1750 + 315 (GST 18%)||Total Rs.2065/-|
|SNAP Registration fee by DD||Rs.1750 + 315 (GST 18%)||Total amt Rs.2065/-|
|MBA Programme application Fee||Rs.1000/- per MBA programme|
Candidates make sure that you make the payment of fees before the due date to avoid penalty charges.
MBA Exam Structure
Candidates planning for a big exam like MBA must be well versed regarding the MBA exam structure.
Having brief knowledge regarding the general exam structure will provide you with insight regarding the topics and syllabus. It is basically an overview of the exam.
Aspirants it is to be noted that the MBA exam is designed to test student’s analytical skills, IQ level, and general awareness.
Most of the entrance exams are the objective type which includes multiple choice questions MCQ.
However, few of the examination such as XAT conducts an essay writing test to judge the essay writing ability of the candidates.
Given below is the general structure of the exam; please check the following
- Verbal Ability Component
- Quantitative Aptitude component
- Data Analysis
- Critical reasoning component
- General Awareness and Knowledge Indian/Global
Candidates who successfully qualify the MBA entrance exam are further called for general discussion GD and personal interview PI in the respective colleges.
Candidates you must be enthusiastic to know the admission procedure for MBA entrance exam
MBA Entrance Exam Syllabus
Aspirants as we all know that syllabus plays a significant role in the exam preparation. It indeed acts as a suitable guide and roadmap to your preparation.
Candidates you must be well versed with the MBA entrance exam syllabus.
Syllabus enables you to gain information regarding the important course topics and their priority in the exam. After complete knowledge of the syllabus, you can then further kick-start your preparation for the exam.
Let’s come to the main agenda candidates there is no prescribed syllabus set for MBA entrance exam. The exam is objective type and multiple choice questions are asked in the exam that has certain randomization and ambiguity in the paper set.
You may refer the below syllabus for general preparation of the exam for all MBA entrance exams
This section tests your problem-solving ability. In order to crack the section well aspirants, you must be good with numbers and calculation.
|Number Systems||LCM and HCF|
|Percentage||Profit and Loss|
|Interest (Simple and Compound)||Speed, Time and Distance|
|Time and Work||Average|
|Ratio and Proportion||Linear Equations|
|Quadratic Equations||Complex Numbers|
|Binomial Theorem||Surds and Indices|
|Inequalities||Permutation and Combination|
|Set Theory||Mixtures and Allegations|
Data Analysis and Interpretation
This section of the MBA entrance exam tests your analytical skills and the ability to interpret.
|Bar Graphs||Line charts|
|Pie Chart||Venn Diagrams|
Candidates when it comes to entrance exam preparation you must have upper hand in the English section. As we know that English sections form an important place in every entrance exam and moreover act as a basis of judging an individual communication skills and ability to comprehend.
|Reading Comprehension||Meaning-Usage Match|
|Jumbled Paragraph||Summary Questions|
|Sentence Completion||Contextual Vocabulary (homonyms)|
|Paragraph Completion||Facts / Inferences / Judgments|
|Sentence Correction||Critical Reasoning|
General Knowledge and Awareness
Candidates for the general knowledge exam you must be well versed regarding the current affairs and have fair knowledge regarding history, geography, and science etc.
General knowledge is the most scoring exam above all. You can easily fetch high grades. Candidates you must keep one thing in mind MBA exam is no tough task until your determination is strong.
How to Crack MBA Entrance Exam?
Candidates are seeking ways how should they carry on their preparation for MBA entrance exam. As we all know MBA is a big exam you cannot set aside the preparation for last minute.
In order to sort out your query related to the MBA entrance exam preparation, I have advised below certain ways to boost your preparation for the exams.
Preparation plays a significant role in every exam. First and foremost candidates must be well aware regarding the MBA program before heading onto the preparation.
I have come up with some easy tips for you. Please take a look
- Get well versed with the MBA syllabus- candidates before heading onto preparation you must be familiar with the syllabus. Syllabus plays a significant role in the preparation of exam. The syllabus will act as a guide to preparation
- Candidates when it comes to MBA study material it is advised to go for the quality study material which has standard language, apt explanation and must be of the recommended author
- Candidates do not undermine the importance of online resource in MBA entrance exam
- Take as many MBA mock test as you can
- Study strategically
- Practice is must
- Do not plan aimless study sessions
- Practice online exam
- It is more important to give due time to the section in which you are weak
- Do not rely on guesswork much
- It is very imperative to appear for mock test it will make you familiar with MBA exam pattern and the weight assigned to the topic.
- Do not load your mind with a plethora of burden just take it easy and do it anyway
- Do not let the fear of failure creep in
- Maintain you’re cool and go on with the preparation.
Top MBA Colleges
Candidates your MBA degree value depends on the institute from where you have accomplished your master’s programme. Candidates, you must be well aware of the top MBA institutes.
Let’s come to the point if you wish to be employed in a hi-fi corporate that offers you with exceptional salary and perfect work-life balance then get into the best of the MBA colleges in India.
Candidates you must track the record of placement of the respective institute in which you are planning to seek admission.
Various top management colleges and business schools have wonderful placement records and considered prestigious colleges over the years.
Students are hired right from the campus for the placement procedure. Candidates the need of the hour is you must give due consideration to college selection.
Let’s have a look at the list of top MBA colleges or institute for your reference
Please go through the list for your reference
- KCC INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
- Institute for Financial Management and Research, Changambakkam
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
- Institute of Rural Management, Anand
- Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- IBS Business School, Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- Institute of Finance and International Management, Bangalore
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
- Amrita School of Business, Coimbatore
- Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune
- PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore
- Amity Business School, Noida
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
- SCMS Cochin School of Business, Cochin
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Harihar
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Thiagarajar School of Management, Thirupparankundram
- Siva Sivani Institute of Management, Secunderabad
- VIT Business School, Vellore
- AIMS Institutes, Bangalore
- PES University, Bangalore
- Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Bangalore
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Management and Research, Delhi
- IBS Business School, Mumbai
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida
- KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneswar
- Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management, Tathawade
- Sona School of Management, Salem
- Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, Cochin
- Institute of Rural Management, Jaipur
- ITM School of Business, Gwalior
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode
- DC School of Management and Technology, Pullikkanam
- Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
- MAEER’s MIT School of Business, Pune
- Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad Campus
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management, Ahmedabad
- FORE School of Management, Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- SRM University, Chennai
- SIES College of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai
- Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development, Mysore
- Shiv Nadar University, Dadri
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhi agar
- School of Inspired Leadership, Gurgaon
- Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad
- FLAME University, Pune
- College of Management and Economics Studies, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad
- Vel Tech Dr. Rangrajan Dr. Sakunthala Technical University, Chennai
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management, Pune
- Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore
- Regional College of Management, Bhubaneswar
- Myra School of Business, Mysore
- MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai
- Lovely Professional University, Phagwara
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Pune
- KIIT School of Rural Management, Bhubaneswar
- Karunya University Business School, Coimbatore
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Noida
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Jaipur
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- Integral University, Lucknow
- Institute of Management Studies, Noida
- Indian Institute of Health Management Research, Jaipur
- Hindustan University, Kelambakkam
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- Fortune Institute of International Business, Delhi
- Faculty of Management Studies, Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad
- Doon Business School, Dehradun
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Centurion University, Paralakhemundi
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Usha and Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management, New Delhi
Few of the top management institute consists of
Let us go in-depth detail regarding the key importance of such institute when it’s come to MBA programme.
IIM (Institute of information management)
Talking about the top management institutes how can we forget the renowned name of IIM?
IIM College is best known for faculty, campus, infrastructure, and education deliverables. IIM has secured top position when it comes to top ranking. Getting admission into IIM is your ticket to a bright future.
IIM institute is well known for its wonderful placement records and has gained massive popularity over the year.
If you are planning to seek admission in an IIM institute you must work hard to earn your admission there.
Moving to the next college XLRI
Aspirants XLRI is another hot favorite institute among students who wish to pursue an MBA program.
It is ranked 1st among all the top B-schools. Apart for being well known for facilities and education, it has a partnership with the foreign university like Tulane University, ESADE business school.
Needless to mention, the placement records of XLRI institute is eye-catching.
Symbiosis Institute of business management
Symbiosis Institute has a strong vision of promoting quality education.
It is more of the student-driven institute which has notable alumni, exemplary candidates, and excellent faculty. Talking about the placement record symbiosis institute has the best record in India when it comes to exemplary education.
Apart from studies, it has an impeccable campus and praiseworthy infrastructure.
MBA Entrance Books and Study Material
Aspirants as we all know books are the roadmap to success. Books play a significant role in the preparation of an exam.
Candidates you can also refer online learning in MBA entrance exam preparation.
Nowadays, technology has revolutionized the way of education.
Given below are certain books which are considered the best for preparation
- Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation by Nishit Sinha
- Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha
Candidates you must avoid certain books which are time-consuming and do not have hefty and ambiguous language
Please check the details of books list for your reference
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma – Buy
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests for Admission into IIMs by Sarvesh K Verma – Buy
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning:
- Logical Reasoning for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha – Buy
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT by Arun Sharma – Buy
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the Cat by Arun Sharma – Buy
Verbal Ability and Reading comprehension:
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT by Arun Sharma – Buy
- Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for The CAT by Nishit K. Sinha – Buy
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal – Buy
- Complete course Pack for CAT [Set of 12 Books] (Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability) – Buy
- Face to Face CAT Common Admission Test – Buy
- Word Power Made Easy Book by Norman Lewis – Buy
- High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren, Martin – Buy
- The Students’ Companion Book by Wilfred D.Best – Buy
- 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary by Norman Lewis – Buy
It is suggested to have a competitive edge in the English section you must bring your focus in reading, novels, fictions, newspapers, and magazines. Reading often will polish your English skills effectively and also helpful in the group discussion and personal interview.
Candidates if you refer the appropriate books for the exam then chances of fetching high percentile will be high. Be wise with your preparation.
Given below are certain books for your reference. Please have a look at the following
Books to read (Fiction / Non-Fiction):
- The Great Indian Novel – Buy
- Guns, Germs, and Steel – Buy
- India after Gandhi – Buy
- Midnight’s Children – Buy
- Argumentative Indian – Buy
- The Last Mughal – Buy
- Beyond the MBA Hype – Buy
- The World is Flat – Buy
- Freakonomics – Buy
- Tipping Point – Buy
- The Black Swan – Buy
- Thinking Fast & Slow – Buy
Frequently asked question about MBA Entrance Exam
Given below are the frequent queries along with their answer for your reference.
- Is MBA entrance exam difficult?
Ans. Candidates it is to inform you that all exams are of varied difficulties. As per the data CMAT, MAT and IBSAT exam are easiest as compared to other MBA entrance exams.
- Is MBA exam worth it?
Ans. Yes, MBA degree is of greater value. There are various lucrative career prospects after the accomplishment of the MBA program. You can even support your business or may join any leading corporate firm. Moreover, the knowledge and qualities you imbibe in yourself during the MBA program is incredible
- Which MBA exam are the easiest?
Ans. As per the data CMAT, MAT and IBSAT exam are easiest as compared to other MBA entrance exams
Comrades, I hope you had a great time reading the above article on MBA entrance exam. If you thoroughly enjoyed it please share it among friends and community.
If I skipped anything important above you can seek us through the comment section below.
If you have a valuable suggestion for us you can reach us through the below comment section.
All your suggestion is valuable and of utmost importance. Our mission is to serve you with the quality information. Keep supporting and stay connected for more useful updates.
All the best for future endeavors. Thank you!