NDA Syllabus 2018 for Arts, Commerce, Science & Medical students
UPSC Conducts NDA Exam twice in a year. NDA Notification 2018 published in January and June month. NDA Recruitment is the best option for those who want to become a job in Indian defense services.
Huge candidates are applying for National Defence Academy exam 2018 (NDA 2018). Study sector guide provides you complete NDA exam syllabus that will help in your UPSC NDA exam preparations.
After completing the process of NDA Application form, you should start your studies with NDA 2018 syllabus. UPSC NDA 2018 is scheduled on 17.04.2018. Less time left for your preparation competition is tough if you want to perform & score well in NDA India exam let’s focus on NDA exam tips – tricks with the complete guide on NDA 1 Syllabus.
In which you find latest NDA exam syllabus 2018 topic wise with NDA exam pattern, useful notes, books, etc.
- NDA Syllabus 2018 in Detail
- NDA Syllabus Topic wise
- NDA Algebra syllabus topics
- NDA Trigonometry Syllabus topics
- NDA Matrices and Determinants Syllabus topics
- NDA Differential Calculus Syllabus topics
- NDA Vector Algebra Syllabus topics
- NDA Statistics and Probability Syllabus topics
- NDA Syllabus General Ability
- NDA English syllabus
- NDA General Knowledge Syllabus –
- NDA Physics Syllabus topics
- NDA Chemistry Syllabus topics
- NDA General Science Syllabus topics
- NDA History Syllabus topics
- NDA Geography Syllabus topics
- NDA Syllabus books
NDA Syllabus 2018 in Detail
NDA KA SYLLABUS – Most of the participants are not aware of syllabus of UPSC NDA exam that what to prepare for NDA? here I tell you NDA full syllabus in the proper manner.
We also focus on NDA Entrance exam syllabus for all streams wise such as NDA syllabus for art students, commerce students, science students, medical students etc.
Before starting to check the UPSC syllabus for NDA, you should have to know about UPSC NDA exam pattern that what are the subjects included and how many marks contains a particular subject and how many questions asked from a subject in UPSC 2018 NDA exam.
NDA Exam Paper Pattern
“NDA Syllabus” – Basically UPSC online NDA exam is a multi-choice objective type question paper. NDA course syllabus includes 2 subjects paper I) Maths, II) General Ability.
NDA maths paper contains 300 marks and NDA general ability paper covers 600 marks with time duration of 2.30 hours. Candidates will be charged for every wrong answer there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers.
After it, those participants successfully qualified for NDA written exam they will be called for SSB interview test which contains 900 marks and has many stages such as personal interview, medical test, physical test etc.
Recommendation – You should have checked your physical ability + medical standards before NDA Exam. here is the complete guide about NDA exam eligibility. Now focus on NDA paper pattern is given below the table.
|II||General ability Test||600|
|SSB Interview Test||900|
NDA Syllabus Topic wise
Now we are talking about the Syllabus of NDA exam topic wise. what is the syllabus of NDA? here are two main subjects Maths and General Ability.
Through National defence academy entrance exam, examiner test your basic skills, your general knowledge, your mathematics calculation and accuracy with speed so if you do not prepare according to that you will not get success easily. check important topics of NDA written syllabus below.
NDA Syllabus Maths – Mathematics paper of nda exam almost based on matriculation type. students who have well commanded on shortcut formulas to solve a problem in less time score well on paper. here examiner tests your calculation speed and accuracy. Check complete details about NDA maths syllabus here.
NDA Algebra syllabus topics
- Concept of a set
- operations on sets
- modulus argument
- equivalence relation
- Cartesian product relation
- modulus argument
- Cube roots of unity
- Binary system of numbers
- Permutation and Combination
- Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws
- Complex numbers – basic properties
- Binomial theorem and its application
- Logarithms and their applications.
- Geometric and Harmonic Progressions
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients
- Representation of real numbers on a line
- Solution of linear in equations of two variables by graphs
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa.
NDA Trigonometry Syllabus topics
- Properties of triangles.
- Trigonometrical ratios
- Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formula
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles
- Inverse trigonometric functions
- Applications – Height and distance
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians
NDA Matrices and Determinants Syllabus topics
- Types of matrices
- Determinant of a matrix
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix
- Operations on matrices
- Basic properties of determinants
- Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
NDA Differential Calculus Syllabus topics
- Composite functions
- Derivatives of sum
- Concept of a real-valued function – domain
- range and graph of a function
- Second order derivatives
- Derivative of function at a point
- Product and quotient of functions
- Derivative of a composite function
- Increasing and decreasing functions
- Derivative of a function with respect to another function
- Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions topics
- Distance formula
- Ellipse and hyperbola
- Angle between two lines
- Distance of a point from a line
- Standard forms of parabola
- Equation of a line in various forms
- Eccentricity and axis of a conic
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system
- Equation of a circle in standard and in general form
Integral Calculus and Differential Equations topics
- Integration as inverse of differentiation
- Integration by substitution and by parts
- Exponential and hyperbolic functions
- Standard integrals involving algebraic expressions
- General and particular solution of a differential equation
NDA Vector Algebra Syllabus topics
- Vectors in two and three dimensions
- Scalar multiplication of vector
- Magnitude and direction of a vector
- Unit and null vectors addition of vectors
NDA Statistics and Probability Syllabus topics
- Pie Chart
- Frequency distribution
- Statistics: Classification of data
- Frequency Polygon – examples
- Graphical representation – Histogram
- Correlation and regression
- Measures of Central Tendency – Mean Median and Mode
- Cumulative frequency distribution – examples
- Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison
- Random experiment
- Binomial distribution
- Conditional probability
- Outcomes and associated sample space
- Impossible and certain events
- Union and Intersection of events
- elementary and composite events
- Bayes’ theorem – simple problems
- Random variable as function on a sample space
- Mutually exclusive and exhaustive events
- Examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
|NDA Exam 2018 Latest Updates
|NDA Application Form 2018||NDA 2018 Exam Syllabus|
|NDA Selection Process||NDA Exam Preparation tips|
|NDA Exam Date 2018||NDA Exam Question papers|
|Download NDA Admit Card 2018||NDA Result – Cut off|
NDA Syllabus General Ability
General ability paper of NDA exam tests your overall general knowledge and English skills. it also includes questions on various subjects like physics, chemistry, social studies and latest current affairs etc. check complete NDA general ability syllabus here.
Part A – English
Grammar and usage
Comprehension and cohesion.
NDA English syllabus
mainly covers the questions of Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension topics. Examiner tests your basic English skills and tests the candidate’s proficiency in English here. so you should prepare well for this section.
English is a common subject for all competitive exams. you will score well if you are perfect on this subject. you can also try some English improvement tips regarding this.
Part B – General Knowledge
Now focus on detailed NDA and NA Syllabus of general ability paper this paper is important for all students such as air force students, army students & Navy students. All are required to prepare well for this subject too. you can also take advantage of NDA Online practice paper. check the complete syllabus for general ability here.
NDA General Knowledge Syllabus –
GK syllabus of NDA exam contains questions from latest current events with different subjects which lists given below. you can easily increase your overall general knowledge through reading newspapers on a daily basis, watching news channels and try some latest current affairs books etc.
We cover this topic in the next article where you find some smart tips for improving your Gk. Now check NDA preparation syllabus other topics which included in this paper.
NDA Physics Syllabus topics
:- Mass , Force and Momentum , Gravitation , Sound waves and their properties , Natural and Artificial Magnets , Measurement of Electrical Power , Weight , Motion of objects , Power and Energy , Change of State and Latent Heat , Spherical mirrors and Lenses , Conductors and Non-conductors , Density , Velocity and Acceleration , Effects of Heat , Modes of transference of Heat , Properties of a Magnet , Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current , Volume , Principle of Archimedes , Newton’s Laws of Motion , Parallelogram of Forces , elementary ideas of work , Measurement of temperature and heat , Rectilinear propagation of Light , Human Eye , Earth as a Magnet , Primary and Secondary Cells , Specific Gravity , Pressure Barometer , Stability and Equilibrium of bodies , Reflection and refraction , Heating , Simple musical instruments , Use of X-Rays , Static and Current Electricity , Ohm’s Law Simple Electrical Circuits.
NDA Chemistry Syllabus topics
Properties of Air and Water , Elements Mixtures and Compounds Symbols Formula , Physical and Chemical changes , Acids bases and salts , Carbon – different forms , Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial , Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen Oxygen Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide Oxidation and Reduction , simple Chemical Equations Law of Chemical Combination , Material used in the preparation of substances like soap Glass Ink Paper Cement Paints Safety Matches and Gun-Powder , Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights Valency.
NDA General Science Syllabus topics
Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals , Basis of Life – Cells Protoplasm and Tissues , Difference between the living and non-living , Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs , Common Epidemics their causes and prevention , The Solar System – Meteors and Comets Eclipses , Achievements of Eminent Scientists , Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food Balanced Diet.
NDA History Syllabus topics
Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India , Freedom Movement in India , Renaissance Exploration and Discovery , Concept of one World United Nations Panchsheel Democracy , Impact of Science and Technology on Society , Broad survey of Indian History with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation , Forces shaping the modern world , Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration , War of American Independence , Socialism and Communism , Role of India in the present world , Panchayati Raj Co-operatives and Community Development , Bhoodan Sarvodaya National Integration and Welfare State Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi , French Revolution Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution.
NDA Geography Syllabus topics
Earth – shape , size , movement and its effects, Origin, Weather, Rocks and their classification, Ocean Currents and Tides , Condensation and Precipitation , Latitudes and Longitudes Concept of time , Mechanical and Chemical Earthquakes and volcanoes , International Date Line , Regional Geography of India , Climate Natural vegetation , Humidity , Types of Climate , Atmosphere and its composition , Mineral and Power Resources , Major Natural regions of the World , Location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities , Important Sea ports and main sea land and air routes of India , Main items of Imports and Exports of India , Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure Planetary Winds cyclones and Anti-cyclones.
Current Events topics
Latest events in India & the world from last few years. And any activities related to politics, sports, awards, science, finance, marketing, banking, media, cinema etc.
This is the UPSC NDA Exam Syllabus complete details. different types of questions will be asked about these given topics so try to focus more and more topics you can for a score well in NDA exam. you may also visit NDA website www.nda.nic.in syllabus for more details about it.
SSB Interview Test – Intelligence and Personality Test
Those candidates successfully qualified for NDA exam 2018 they should log on to given websites for check their SSB center and date of interview. For army students www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, for navy students www.joinindiannavy.gov.in, for air force students www.careerairforce.nic.in. You can visit official websites after 20 days from the declaration of NDA written exam result.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR NDA?
Participants required to know about NDA exam before get started their NDA exam preparations. here are some useful preparation tips for NDA exam which helps you a lot.
First of all, you should have NDA syllabus and pattern complete knowledge it will give you a proper direction that what you should have to prepare for “NDA Exam 2018”. we’ll also talk about this in more detail in other article named NDA Exam Preparation tips and how to prepare for NDA exam? Check some major points now.
- Keep complete knowledge of NDA test syllabus and paper pattern.
- Check NDA solved papers of last years to get proper idea of NDA syllabus question
- Study topic wise. prepare one topic at a time don’t mix others
- You must enhance your daily routine habit of reading newspapers and watching news channels. it will increase your overall general knowledge of the world.
- Buy NDA books from best authors and writers for a better idea of expected questions from different topics.
NDA Syllabus books
Books are the best source of preparation for an exam. In which you find complete NDA syllabus for 2018 with exam pattern. Get some NDA preparation books it will save your time for collecting notes at one place and you also get their prediction about what is most important topics for this year NDA exam.
Also, check NDA syllabus pdf download option from the official website. you can buy these books which are the best in their category.
Hope this article helps you to understand more about UPSC syllabus for NDA exam. you can also check some NDA syllabus sample papers for the exact idea.
Tip – Most of the students write wrong website address for download NDA syllabus like www NDA syllabus, www.nda.com syllabus, www.upsc.com NDA syllabus or www.upsc.nic.in NDA syllabus, www syllabus for NDA etc. you should avoid these types of mistakes and use right website address of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) www.upsc.gov.in.
If I missed some points here you can share with me by using the comment section below. you can also share your experience of UPSC NDA NA Exam. share this article with your friends and community. check other related posts of UPSC Exam 2018.
|Latest UPSC Exam Updates 2018|
|UPSC SCRA Exam||UPSC Civil Service Exam||UPSC Syllabus 2018|
|UPSC CDS Exam||Engineering Service Exam||UPSC Exam Dates|
|UPSC CISF Exam||UPSC Forest Service Exam||UPSC Exam books|
|UPSC NDA Exam||UPSC Results||UPSC Question Papers|
|UPSC CMS Exam||UPSC Interview Questions||UPSC Admit Card|
|UPSC CAPF Exam||UPSC Coaching Centers||UPSC Exam Tricks|