How to Prepare for SSC Exam 2018? – SSC Preparation Tips 2018 Pdf Download
SSC Ki Preparation Kaise Kare? एसएससी परीक्षा की तैयारी कैसे करे?
If you are a very new arriver in the SSC job field, then you have chosen the very right destination guide. This article has been written keeping in mind the need of the individuals who are unaware about how to study for SSC exams? So that to acquire a seat in the government cadre.
This article will tell everything about the SSC and its associated programs. It will be taken further into deep details regarding preparation tips for SSC Exam 2018 and other important things such as Material, Notes, Study plan, Schedule, Techniques, Books, Question papers etc.
How to Prepare for SSC Exam?
So, are you ready to read me? If yes, why to wait for? Let’s begin.
Introduction to SSC exams
SSC is an acronym for Staff Selection Commission. This commission is a central government unit which is comprised of various governmental posts authorities who together form a commission. The SSC is responsible for conducting various exams under it like-
SSC CGL – SSC Combined Graduation Level Exam
SSC CHSL – SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam
SSC JE – SSC Junior Engineer Exam
SSC STENO – SSC Stenographer Exam
SSC MTS – Staff Selection Commission Multi-Tasking Staff
The above exams are conducted once every year and every year, on an average, 1 lakh candidates get placement through the SSC examination.
Although the above exams are conducted by the same SSC, every individual exam has its own criteria for SSC exam pattern and the selection process.
Quick Preparation Tips for SSC Exam
The SSC exam should not be taken by you for granted as it is really a tough exam holding the stamina to be fought by millions of candidates from all over India to acquire a single seat out of 3-4 thousand vacancies every year.
From this fact, you can imagine the level of competition spreading the education market. So, you should require making a proper SSC exam preparation plan to crack the SSC exam, you first need to become very passionate and patient to acquire the success.
There are some tips to crack SSC exam which you should and you have to apply in your daily routine so that to become closer towards your goal and hit the successful career objective.
How to Start Preparation for SSC Exam?
- Start your morning with your daily newspaper. Read it and note down in a copy the important General Knowledge facts.
- Make an SSC Preparation timetable for all subjects
- For SSC English preparation gives 1-hour practice daily to English.
- For SSC Reasoning preparation give 2-hour practice daily to Reasoning, not more than this. In reasoning subject, command your skills in Sitting arrangement, Statement and conclusions, Venn diagrams, and series questions.
- For SSC Aptitude preparation give 2-hour practice daily to Quantitative Aptitude. Never skip data interpretation, profit and loss, simple interest and compound interest, time and distance, time and work.
- To practice the descriptive test, your daily habit to read a newspaper will help you a lot. You just need to emphasis on the sentence formation they use and words applied to give weight in the conversation.
- Analyze the history of the topic side by side and grab some important facts and figures.
- To practice typing test and skill test, you have to give at least 1 month to yourself for practice.
- Practice on SSC mock test papers as many as you can. Solve at least 2 papers.
- How to do well in SSC Exam? The answer is to attend various SSC test series daily.
- Grab SSC previous year question papers for past 5 months and solve them.
- Maintain short notes on every subject so that you can quickly revise them at your last day before the examination.
- Don’t attempt to revise in detail at last time, because it will only create confusions and nervousness.
- एसएससी परीक्षा की तैयारी हिंदी में
- Register for Free SSC Mock Test
Our next topic has been focused on analyzing the exam pattern of SSC’s different exams. And then we’ll focus on SSC exam subject wise preparation.
SSC Exam Pattern Introduction
The number of tiers in each exam is different. The passing of all the number of tiers of a particular exam finalizes the selection of the candidate for the concerning post.
SSC CGL- Total 4 tiers
SSC CHSL- Total 3 tiers
SSC JE – Total 2 tiers
SSC MTS- Total 2 tiers only
Let’s tabulate the paper pattern of each exam with their associated tiers separately. And check what to prepare for SSC Exam?
SSC TIER 1 Exam Pattern
|SSC CGL/ CHSL Exam Pattern – TIER 1||SSC MTS Pattern -TIER 1|
SSC JE Paper 1 Exam Pattern -(Computer Based Examination)
|General Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
SSC TIER 2 Exam Pattern
|SSC CHSL Exam Pattern-TIER 2||SSC MTS Pattern-TIER 2|
|Letter/application writing||1||50||60 Min||Short Essay/Letter in English
or any Language included in
8th Schedule of Constitution
SSC JE Tier 2 Exam Pattern
|Part.A General Engineering(Civil & Structural)
Part-B General Engineering (Electrical)
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
SSC CGL Pattern-TIER 2
|*General Studies (Financial and economics)||100||200|
First 2 subjects are compulsory for every candidate.
Note: Please note that paper 3, i.e. Statistics, is conducted only for those candidates who have applied for STATISTICAL INVESTIGATOR GRADE II, and for COMPILER post.
Similarly, paper 4, i.e. General Studies is conducted only for those candidates who have applied for ASSISTANT AUDIT OFFICER Post.
SSC TIER 3 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Pattern-TIER 3
|Sections||Questions||Marks||Number of words|
At least 33% should be scored by the candidate to qualify this particular tier, rest is dependent on cut-offs. Once you passed this examination, you will be eligible to attend tier-3, which is called the typing test.
SSC CHSL Pattern-TIER 3
The CHSL exam pattern for tier 3 is conducted for either Typing Test or skill test. The candidates who have been called for typing test will not be called for the skill test.
The decision for which candidates will be called will be dependent on the wish which the candidate had prescribed while filling up the application form. If he/she had applied for DEO, then he/she will be called for the Skill test.
The Typing test will be conducted for other 3 position wisher, i.e. LDC, Court Clerk, and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant.
Now see the criteria of selection for both.
- This test will be conducted only in the English language.
- A printed paper is given to you in whom 2000-2200 strokes are already printed.
- This printed paper is to be written as it is on the computer screen maintaining the speed and accuracy set by the commission.
- You have to maintain a speed of 8000 key depressions in an hour on the computer which means that you have to press 8000 keys in an hour.
- The total time duration of the exam will be 15 minutes.
- This exam will be qualifying in nature.
- Even Physically Handicapped people have to give this exam as a pre-condition.
- A relaxation will be given to Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates. 20 minutes more will be allotted to you. Thus, total 35 minutes will be provided to them on the same number of strokes and qualifying standard.
- This test is conducted for those candidates who chose LDC, Postal Assistants and court clerks.
- This is qualifying in nature.
- This test can be conducted in English/ Hindi. It will depend upon the choice filled by the candidate while filling up the application form.
- The typing test will happen for 10 minutes.
- The speed of key depressions is already set by the commission which the candidate has to maintain to qualify while typing. This is as below.
- English typers- 35 words per minute
- Hindi typers- 30 words per minute
- The time duration may also vary. For physically fit candidates, the time allotted will be 10 minutes, but for Visually Handicapped candidates, it is 30 minutes.
- Visually impaired candidate should be at least 40% impaired to get the relaxation. He/she has to submit the medical certificate from the authorized government doctor for this.
- A printed paper will be given to you who you have to type as it is on the computer screen. There will be 1750 key depressions in English paper while there will be 900 key depressions in Hindi paper.
- SSC CGL Salary Structure 2018
- SSC CHSL Salary Structure 2018
- SSC JE Salary Structure 2018
SSC TIER 4 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Pattern-TIER 4 – This paper is conducted to test the computer proficiency of the candidate. For this, either a CPT or Typing test is conducted by the student.
It is to be noted that the student who is already called for CPT will not be called for typing test too.
CPT means Computer Proficiency Test.
The typing test is similar to the typing test of SSC CHSL. It is also qualifying in nature.
As far as the CPT selection process is concerned, it is divided into 3 modules and those are- MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
The student is asked to perform an operation on these tools on the basis of questions provided in the examination.
There will be 1 question from each module and for each module; 15 minutes will be allotted respectively.
This test is qualifying in nature.
How to Prepare Reasoning for SSC Exam?
SSC Preparation of Reasoning – To crack reasoning subject, you should start with direction sense and series questions.
- Sharpen your skills in sitting arrangements, puzzles, and statement and conclusions topic.
- Always attempt the sitting arrangement questions and puzzles at the last because they consume time.
- Do not give more than 1 minute to any question.
- SSC CHSL Preparation Strategy 2018
|SSC Exam 2018 Latest Updates
|How to Apply for SSC Exam Online?||SSC Exam Pattern 2018|
|How to Pay SSC Exam Fees Online?||SSC Syllabus 2018|
|SSC Preparation Without Coaching||SSC Previous Question Papers|
|एसएससी की तैयारी कैसे करे? हिंदी में||SSC Result – Score Card|
How to Prepare English for SSC Exam?
SSC Preparation of English – To crack the English subject, you should first start your grammar portion with the tenses. If you command your tense part, then you can easily gain knowledge in learning other grammar topics.
- Learn vocabulary words using some of your own made techniques or you can take help from the internet too to make you learn things easily.
- Solve mock test daily.
- Check Complete SSC English Syllabus Topics here.
- SSC English Preparation Tips 2018
How to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for SSC Exam?
SSC Preparation of Aptitude – Quantitative Aptitude demands daily practice for at least 2 hours.
- You should start your practice with easy topics like simplification; average, age and then you should practice very important topics like SI-CI, P& L, time and work, time and distance. These topics should not be skipped.
- Solve SSC previous year question papers.
- Check Complete SSC Aptitude Syllabus Topics here.
How to Prepare General Awareness for SSC Exam?
SSC Preparation of GK –
- It is necessary to read the newspaper daily in any language which makes you comfortable to understand.
- Join some online News applications also to stay updated with the happenings which go around the world.
- To learn the static GK, you should refer Lucent’s GK that is enough for you.
- SSC JE Study Plan 2018
How to Prepare Statistics for SSC Exam?
SSC Preparation of Statistics –
- First, clear your basic concepts on statistics from your 11 and 12th class NCERT books and then proceed to standard questions.
- Solve a variety of questions from the mock test and previous year papers.
- Write all the formulas in one place and learn them regularly.
- Don’t forget to attend the test series.
- Register for Free SSC Mock Test
How to Prepare General Studies for SSC Exam?
SSC Preparation of General Studies –
- To prepare finance, accounting, and economics section of the General studies subject, you should undoubtedly read 11 and 12 class books.
- For Accounting, DK Goel is the best.
- For Economics, NCERT book is just the best.
How to Prepare Descriptive Paper for SSC Exam?
SSC Preparation of Descriptive Paper –
- You should have known about the current government schemes and the current major controversies of national and international basis. It may be from politics, social or environmental.
- You should read the newspapers thoroughly so that you can learn the formation of sentences there and can apply the same in your writing skills.
- Write daily on some topic within 150 words. Try to include almost every important data in those 150 words.
How to Prepare Typing/Skill Test for SSC Exam?
SSC Preparation of Typing Test –
- Give at least a month for practice this section.
- Learn proper fingering of your fingers at the keyboard keys so that your speed can be increased comparatively.
- Apply a timer on your phone to practice typing within the time limit.
How to Prepare Computer Proficiency test for SSC Exam?
You can grab school books of low standards and can learn the basics from there. Practice on computer screen side by side, rather than just reading it. Practice at least twice a week, if you have a time shortage.
What are the best books for SSC preparation?
- Kiran’s SSC CGL Exams Question Bank 1999-2016 (47 Previous Year Solved Papers)
- SSC CHSL (10+2) 15 Practice Sets & Solved Papers
- SSC: Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)
- SSC JE: Civil Engineering – Objective Solved Papers
- SSC Steno. Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Practice Work Book including Solved Papers
The SSC exams need your burning oil efforts and lot of patience to wait for the success (sometimes), so you need to maintain both if you are opting your career in this field. You just need to be regular in your routine work with efficiency and your efficient work should be effective too.
One of the most important SSC preparation tips is don’t forget to attend test series because this is the only ladder which can tell you your performance and can provide you the confidence to attend an exam.
If you believe that regular practice and tight SSC preparation study plan can lead towards the success goal then you should surely follow the tips to prepare for SSC which are discussed above.
Official website of SSC – www.ssc.nic.in.
Last, but not the least, if you have any doubt related to the SSC exam preparation tips, OR how to prepare for SSC exam at home? then please ask us. Share your query in the space given in the comment section below. We assure you to answer you back within 24 hours.