SSC CGL 2018 – SSC Combined Graduate Level Notification 2018 Details
This article will lead you towards the very informative data about CGL which is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year. The SSC CGL Vacancy 2018 has become the most sought destination among youths because it not only provides them just a government security but also a dignified position in government cadre and a lot of associated additional luxury concessions.
Latest News SSC CGL Notification postponed being released on May 5 at ssc.nic.in
SSC CGL Application Form 2018 will be released on May 5 at www.ssconline.nic.in.
Check this article for complete details about SSC CGL 2018 Recruitment, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Exam dates, How to Apply process, Application fees, SSC CGL Cut Off, Preparation tips, Selection Process, Mock test, Admit Card, Important Dates, SSC CGL Post Details etc.
- SSC CGL Notification 2018
- SSC CGL 2018 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
SSC CGL Notification 2018
CGL is an acronym for Combined Graduate level and as the name signifies that it is a graduate level exam. It means that the paper level of the examination is not as per SSC 10+2, rather the questions hold some standard intelligence.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2018 is conducted by Staff Selection Commission every year and this year also, it is following its culture. Tier 1 has already been conducted and its result is also been out by SSC on its official website www.ssc.nic.in
Umm… wait. Let me revise you some basic details regarding the SSC notification for CGL post.
When will SSC CGL 2018 notification come?
It will come in April month.
When SSC CGL 2018 held?
25.07.2018 to 20.08.2018
- Examination Name: SSC CGL 2018 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level)
- Organized by: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Exam Mode: Online Examination
- Total Number of Vacancies: 9000 (Expected)
- Name of Posts: Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’
- Upcoming SSC Exam 2018
- SSC CGL Syllabus 2018
The SSC will conduct the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam to recruit various subordinate services such as: –
|S.No.||Name of Post Code||Name Post||Number of Vacancies|
|1||F||Assistant Audit Officer||–|
|2||$||Assistant Accounts Officer||–|
|3||A||Assistant Section Officer (CSS)||–|
|4||C||Assistant Section Officer (IB)||–|
|5||D||Assistant Section Officer (Railway)||–|
|6||E||Assistant Section Officer (MEA)||–|
|7||G||Assistant Section Officer (AFHQ)||–|
|8||H||Assistant (Other Min.)||–|
|10||–||Assistant Section Officer (Others)||–|
|11||I||Assistant (SFIO and Mines)||–|
(Min. Corporate Affairs)
|13||J||Inspector of Income Tax (CBDT)||–|
|14||K||Inspector (Central Excise)||–|
|15||L||Inspector (Preventive Officer)||–|
|17||N||Assistant Enforcement Officer
(Dept. of Revenue)
|18||O||Sub Inspector (CBI)||–|
|20||Q||Divisional Accountant (CAG)||–|
|22||%||Sub Inspector (NIA)||–|
|23||R||Junior Statistical Officer||–|
|24||T||Auditor (C & AG)||–|
|26||V||Auditor (Other Ministries)||–|
|27||W||Accountant/ Junior Accountant
|28||X||Accountant/ Junior Accountant
|29||Y||Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division||–|
|30||Z||Tax Assistant (CBDT)||–|
|31||@||Tax Assistant (CBEC)||–|
|32||#||Central Bureau of Narcotics||–|
|Total Number of Vacancy||9000 (Tentative)|
Look, there are 4 tiers in the whole selection process of CGL. It is only 3 for physically challenged candidates.
Tier 1 and tier 2 are objective papers with 4 subjects in each.
Tier 3 is a descriptive offline paper.
Tier 4 is the computer-based test in which your proficiency in computer operation is tested.
We will discuss every tier in detail, but let me tell you about the eligibility criteria which are required to sit in this examination.
SSC CGL 2018 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
|S.No||Post’s Name||Educational Qualification|
|1||Assistant Audit Officer||Chartered Accountant / Management Accountant / Company Secretary / Masters in Commerce / Masters in Business Studies / Masters in Business Administration (Finance) / Masters in Business Economics.|
|2||Statistical Investigator Grade – II||Bachelor Degree in Statistics from a recognized University / Bachelor Degree in Mathematics with statistics / Bachelor Degree in Economics with statistics / Bachelor Degree in Commerce with Statistics|
|3||Compiler||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics / Statistics / Mathematics as compulsory / Elective Subject|
|4||All Other Posts||Any Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University/equivalent|
|Age Relaxation||SC → 5 years
OBC → 3 years
PH + Cerebral Palsy → 10 years
PH + OBC + Cerebral Palsy → 13 years
PH + SC/ST + Cerebral Palsy → 15 years
|S.No||Post Name||Age Limits|
|1.||Assistant in CSS||20 to 30 years|
|Maximum 32 Years|
|3.||Assistant in IB||21 to 30 years|
|4.||SI in Central Bureau
|20 to 30 years|
Officer / SI in CBI / SI
|Up to 30 years|
|6.||All Other posts||18 to 27 years|
A candidate must be either-
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC CGL 2018 FEES STRUCTURE
The females from any category or in any physical condition are exempted from paying the SSC CGL fees. The exam is freely conducted for them only.
he male candidates of SC/ST are also exempted to pay fees.
The male candidates belonging to general category/ OBC category have to pay fees online of Rs 100.
The Physically handicapped, visually handicapped persons (male as well as female) are not required to pay any fees.
SSC CGL 2018 EXAM DATES CHART
|SSC CGL Exam Events||SSC CGL 2017-18 Dates||SSC CGL 2018-19 Dates|
|SSC CGL Notification 2018 Release Date||15th May 2017||21st April 2018|
|Starting Date of SSC CGL Online Application Form Submission||15th May 2017||21st April 2018|
|Last date to fill SSC CGL Application Form / Online Registration||19th June 2017||25th May 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Admit Card Release Date||July 2017||July 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Date||5th Aug to 23rd Aug 2017||25th July to 20th Aug 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Result Declaration Date||30th October 2017||September 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Date||17th to 22nd Feb 2018||20th to 30th Nov 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Result Declaration Date||Update Soon||Update Soon|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Exam Date||Update Soon||Update Soon|
|Computer Skill Test (Tier-IV)||Update Soon||Update Soon|
Note that SSC CGL for tier 1 has already been conducted in the month of June this year.
The admit cards for the above examinations will be availed to you online before 15 days of the exam date.
|SSC CGL Exam 2018 Latest Updates
|SSC CGL Online Form 2018||SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2018|
|SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern||SSC CGL Preparation Tips – Tricks|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2018||SSC CGL Exam Question papers|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||SSC CGL Exam Centers Code List 2018|
SSC CGL 2018 PAPER PATTERN
Normally, maximum3 stages are seen to clear the round for any prestigious selection, but CGL particularly bridges 4 tiers/ stages before the final destination. Tier 1 and tier 2 consist of objective kind of questions but tier 3 and tier 4 are something different. To take a deep knowledge about the difference between each of the tier, let’s study below section.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1-
Exam Duration- 1 hour only.
20 minutes more will be allotted to VH or cerebral palsy affected candidates, i.e. total 80 minutes.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier 2-
Exam Duration- 2 hours for each subject.
40 minutes more will be allotted to VH or cerebral palsy affected candidates, i.e. total 160 minutes.
|*General Studies (Financial and economics)||100||200|
First 2 subjects are compulsory for every candidate.
Note: Please note that paper 3, i.e. Statistics, is conducted only for those candidates who have applied for STATISTICAL INVESTIGATOR GRADE II, and for COMPILER post.
Similarly, paper 4, i.e. General Studies is conducted only for those candidates who have applied for ASSISTANT AUDIT OFFICER Post.
The exam will be conducted on 10 and 11 November 2017.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier 3-
Fix the date of exam- 21 January 2018 (for DES only)
Exam Duration- 1 hour only.
This will be bilingual means, Hindi/ English as per the choice filled by the candidate earlier at times of application filling.
20 minutes more will be allotted to VH or cerebral palsy affected candidates, i.e. total 80 minutes.
This is a descriptive paper which will be taken offline via pen and paper. Your efficiency to write will be checked through this exam and so your language proficiency, your grammar knowledge and syntax and all semantics will be tested simultaneously.
What this portion holds, check at below.
|Sections||Questions||Marks||Number of words|
At least 33% should be scored by the candidate to qualify this particular tier, rest is dependent on cut-offs. Once you passed this examination, you will be eligible to attend tier-3, which is called the typing test.
SSC CGL Tier 4 –
Total duration is 45 minutes.
This tier will be held in February month of the year 2018.
This test is of qualifying nature.
Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)– For the post of Assistant Section Officer of CSS Assistant Section Officer (MEA) and Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under M/o Corporate affairs, Assistant (GSI) in M/O Mines.
Following will be tested-
- Word Processing
- Generation of Slides
Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) – The DEST test is for the Tax Assistant Post only.
The Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) requires 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depression per hour on Computer.
The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test requires the speed of 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of overall performance of the student in Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III but you have to qualify all the tiers (i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III) separately.
SSC CGL 2018 HOW TO APPLY-
The step by step guide to filling the SSC CGL application form consists of 3 parts. Before starting to fill the form, you should ready yourself for some essential things. I’ll tell you everything in the upcoming paragraphs.
- You should carry a passport size photo of yours and it should be in digitized form. It means that you have to scan the photo using the scanner and just save it on your computer screen for later use.
- Similarly, you’ll need a scanned image of your signature. Save this also to your screen.
- To scan your signature, you have to write your regular signature with a pen on a white plain paper and later placed this paper inside the scanner to scan your sign and convert it in digitized form. You can also take help from your nearby cyber cafes.
- Very important, make your scanned passport size photograph and signature compatible to the size capacity which is required while browsing the photos at the form.
Check how to resize your photo and sign-
You have two options to resize your images. You can use PAINT application or you can simply use some resizing images tools. We are providing a brief tutorial of both, and then whatever seems best to you, you can simply opt it.
Resizing an image using PAINT-
- Visit the photograph location where it is saved.
- Right click on it and select “send to” and continually click the adjacent menu ‘PAINT’.
- A painted window will appear on your screen, browsing the particular selected image with the original size.
- On standard toolbar, you will see a ‘RESIZE’ button. Just click on it.
- A dialog box will appear where you first have to uncheck the’ maintain size’ checkbox, and later you need to mention the size accordingly after selecting percentage option.
- To check whether your image has acquired the ideal size or not, you can right-click on the saved image, go to properties and in the general tab, there is written the image size.
On the contrary, there is another much simple and time-saving tool. In fact, there are many tools available on the internet which will help you to resize images.
- Go to www.picresize.com
- Browse your photo. Later mention your expected size at ‘max file size’ box.
- Click on DONE button.
- The automatically resized photo in mentioned format will appear to you.
- Some other similar online tools over the internet are-
Steps to fill your form online-
Steps to fill SSC CGL online form goes through 3 parts- part -1, part 2 and part 3. Let’s discuss all of them one by one.
SSC CGL 2018 Part- I
- For this visit www.ssc.nic.in
- Click on the direct link for SSC CGL online application form available on the screen.
- If you’re a fresh user, then you first have to register yourself.
- To register you, visit the left corner and fill the registration form. Mention your name and date of birth and click new registration.
- A new window will appear asking your personal details, basic details, and contact details.
- Take note that you have to carefully fill all your information because once submitted, editing of info will not be entertained ever.
- Now, type the generated code as it is in the blank box and submit it by clicking on submit button.
- Next window appear is for uploading your photograph and signature. You simply need to browse your photos in standard prescribed format (as detailed above) and click on submit button.
- Now, your registration part is completed.
- Make sure, you should save your registration ID and password which will be generated online and transferred to you at your contact number or via email ID. So don’t ever dare to enter wrong contact details, otherwise, only you will suffer. Also, these credentials will help you later in receiving your admit card online.
- After the registration process, you will be automatically directed to your very first page of applying online.
- Register for Free SSC CGL Mock Test (Hindi & English)
SSC CGL 2018 Part- II
- At the right corner, there you see ‘APPLY PART’.
- You simply need to enter your registration ID and password (already generated in Part –I) along with the asked generated code.
- Log-in to your form.
- A new form will appear asking your preference detail and all. First, fill your 3 exam centre choices as per your priority.
- Set preferences of posts as per your choices from the given list. You can select the reset button also to undo your selection, in case you mistakenly selected something wrong.
- Carefully select your category to which you belong. If you are from SC/ST or ex-serviceman or you are female from any religion then you will be exempted from fees payment. This is totally free for these category people.
- Just share your qualification details and contact details and select partial submission or final submission. Final submission in case you are exempted from fees payment, otherwise select partial submits button.
SSC CGL 2018 Part III
- A window for fee payment will appear. You can pay your fees via offline mode or online mode. Whatever mode you want to grab, just enable that particular option button and proceed.
- If you wish to go via online mode then you can have choices for mode of payment- i.e. by debit card or credit card. Select your appropriate option displayed at right corner and share your personal card details and make payment online. Don’t forget to save your payment receipt.
- If you wish to go into offline mode then first enable offline option button and proceed.
- You need to pay your fees via SBI only in case of paying offline/ online.
- An image of challan will appear having copies for both bank and student. You need to take print out of this challan and fill this appropriately and submit it to your nearby SBI bank with the required fees.
SSC CGL 2018 SELECTION PROCESS
The selection process in CGL is not easy but not impossible too. The true dedication and hard work will surely lead you to achieve your career point. As I mentioned before in this article that the total selection process of CGL is divided into 4 tiers.
- Tier 1 Objective test (online test)
- Tier 2 Objective test (online test)
- Tier 3 Descriptive Offline test
- Tier 4 Typing test (Computer Based)
It is essential to pass every individual tier separately to reach the next level.
To acquire the government post, you have to crack all the first 3 tiers altogether. That means your marks in all the tiers will be combined and calculated altogether, and if your marks will be justifying the cutoffs of the time, then you will be surely a winner. Otherwise, you have again fight for the total process, right from the scratch.
Tier 4 is qualifying in nature. If you qualified it then you’ll add energy to your performance and therefore you’ll be able to get the most dignified posts of the CGL.
But if you not qualified then you have to satisfy yourself with any post which would match as per your scores.
Note that at the very last stage, your all documents will be supervised by the authorities who will check you’re every detail with what you had entered while application filling. If any mistake is found, then chances are higher to discard your selection. So, it is always suggested that you should carefully fill your SSC CGL 2018 application form.
SSC CGL 2018 EXAM SYLLABUS TOPICS
TIER 1 –
General Intelligence & Reasoning: This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern –folding & unfolding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate.
The scope of the test will be the computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
English Comprehension: Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension, and writing ability, etc. would be tested. The questions in Parts A, B, & D will be of a level commensurate with the essential qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part C will be of the 10th standard level.
SSC CGL 2018 TIER 2 SYLLABUS-
Paper-I: Arithmetic Ability: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate.
The scope of the test will be the computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers’, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
Paper-II: English Language & Comprehension: Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate‘s understanding and knowledge of English Language.
It will be based on spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting miss-spelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, close passage & comprehension passage.
Paper-III: Statistics for Investigator Grade-II, for Ministry of Statistics & Program Implementation & Compiler for RGI.
Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
- Measures of Central Tendency– Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
- Measures of Dispersion– Common measures dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; the meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis.
- Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman‘s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlations (For three variables only).
- Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes‘ theorem.
- Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variables (discrete).
- Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and non-probability sampling techniques (simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling and quota sampling); Sampling distribution (statement only); Sample size decisions.
- Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, Properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
- Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and two-way classified data.
- Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determinations of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
- Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
SSC CGL Cut Off 2018
Last Year SSC CGL Tier-I Cut off for Appearing in Tier-II (Paper-I and Paper-II) and Tier-III Exam
|Cut off Marks||103.00||93.00||115.00||73.50||87.00||40.00||89.50||131.00|
SSC CGL 2018 PREPARATION TIPS
Follow these given all points for upcoming SSC CGL 2018 Recruitment.
- Solve ssc cgl mock papers for every topic.
- Attend test series regularly and too should be computer based.
- Do not skip any high weight carrying topics. The essential topics can be identified easily by analyzing the previous year papers.
- Divide an ideal time for your study. Do not just exhaust yourself because it will lead only confusion and tiredness which strictly prohibit your selection.
- Don’t get nervous and stay confident while giving the exam. Take a proper sleep one day before the exam.
- Register for Free SSC CGL Mock Test (Hindi & English)
SSC CGL Notification Advertisement detail is itself a large topic but I have tried my best to present only useful and only that information which should be in your knowledge.
You can freely ask your doubts on “SSC CGL 2018” to me using the comment box below. I’ll wait for your response.
Till then, good luck to you.