SSC CHSL 2020 Notification Pdf Download (Combined Higher Secondary Level 10 + 2) Vacancy Details
Welcome back to all SSC aspirants,
So, it’s time to collect all your energies, brain power, and planning skills as you all know that SSC has announced 3259 posts vacancies for LDC, DEO, Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant and court clerk, and you also know this very well that to beat this very examination, a lot of effort with a lot of patience and careful study is needed which can be only achieved via proper strategy.
As per the new SSC notification 2020, it is soon going to conduct examination for the above-mentioned posts which is commonly known by SSC CHSL examination. Dates have been already scheduled by the commission which is stated as under.
- Dates for submission of SSC CHSL online applications: 03.12.2019 to 10.01.2020
- Last date for receipt of SSC CHSL application: 10.01.2020 (up to 5.00 P.M.)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 10.01.2020 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 10.01.2020 (5.00 PM)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 10.01.2020
- Date of SSC CHSL Computer Based Exam (Tier-I): (16 to 27 March 2020)
- Date of SSC CHSL Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper): 28/06/2020
- SSC Exam 2020 Time Table
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Test
You can check the detail at the main site of SSC i.e. https://ssc.nic.in/.
This is just a quick knowledge offered to you, just for your reminder. This time what I am writing to you is reflected towards giving you a proper understanding of what is SSC CHSL and how its associated parts are significant to you?
As I am also an X-candidate in SSC competition field and more importantly a content writer, so, I often observe an underlined perception inside every other fighter these days.
Actually, what students are doing nowadays is that they intentionally/unintentionally did not understand about the board/ the conducting body of the exam and how that exam is going to convert him/her career. They just believe in giving the exam following the crowded race hoping that they will see the important associated things regarding selection once they got selected someday.
Dear candidates, Is this your way to seriously direct your target towards your career? If yes, then sorry to say, you are following a completely wrong drive.
Whenever you give any kind of exam, be it a Staff Selection Commission (SSC) one or a bank exam or any other, just keep a knot always to first study deeply about that exam that may be-
- What is the SSC CHSL exam about?
- How it is benefiting you;
- What all is required from you to crack the exam,
- Which dignity position you’ll achieve once you got selection;
- Associated job profiles; etc.
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification
Here, in this article, I have managed to make you understand about the upcoming exam, that is, SSC CHSL 2020. So, if you are seriously applying for this post then grab some minutes out of your tight schedule to thoroughly understand the CHSL concept.
So, here we go…
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Introduction
CHSL stands for Combined Higher Secondary Level, which is a 10+2 level exam. As the line itself describes that the exam pattern of SSC CHSL is according to 10+2, so it is not a tough exam (unlike SSC CGL), but surely not easy to qualify.
Moving one step forward, CHSL provide following designation signature under its hood-
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC) / Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
- Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
- Court Clerk
- SSC CHSL Preparation Tips
- Download SSC CHSL Admit Card
- SSC 10+2 Cutoff marks 2020
If the seat vacancies available inside every post are discussed then scroll your mouse just next to this statement.
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||2|
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC) / Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||898|
|Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||2359|
It is not that you have to select individual category post and fight for that only. Rather, you’ll fight for total 3259 posts on behalf of CHSL, fixing which you’ll be allotted the appropriate cadre as per your obtained marks.
Now, the next question arises is “how it is decided that what category cadre should be allotted to the candidate?”
The answer is here.
- One thing you already know that it is dependent on marks obtained by the candidate.
- Second, this is, while the candidate fills up the application form for SSC CHSL, he/she is asked in PART-2 of form, the priorities regarding the posts. He/she lists all the designation priority wise which is used at later stages while recruiting the candidate.
- Third thing is, once the candidate obtained the level up to the cut-off marks, he/she is allotted the seat according to his/her priority. That means, if the candidate has achieved higher marks then he can get what he desires.
But, if the candidate fails to acquire very good marks thus violating the possibility of getting the seat as per his priority, then he will be allotted seat according to the marks obtained by him. Then the seat allotment will not be done according to his pre-set priorities.
Complete Details –
- SSC JE 2020 Notification
- SSC CGL 2020 Notification
- SSC GD Constable 2020 Notification
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Test
SSC CHSL 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit: 18-27 years as on 01.08.2019 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1991 and not later than 01-08-2000).
- If your minimum age is 18 then you definitely can apply for this job.
- Candidates, whose age is exceeding 27 years, then he/she is not allowed.
- All candidates of and between 18-27 years can easily apply.
SSC CHSL Age relaxation category wise
|Code No.||Category||Age Relaxation (beyond upper age limit)|
|04||PH + OBC||13 years|
|05||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|09||Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved / General)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|10||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||06 years (3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|11||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||08 years (3 years + 5 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
- Just a 12th pass degree is enough to fight for this examination. The degree should be acquired from a recognized or relevant school or institution.
- If you possess any Degree obtained through open Universities/Distance Education Mode, then that must be recognized by Distance Education Council, IGNOU.
- 12th pass from science and mathematics, in particular, from a recognized board to fight for DEO post. This rule has been newly implemented this year.
- SSC 10+2 Salary 2020
A candidate must be either-
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC CHSL Exam Fees Structure
The fees structure of SSC CHSL is not complex.
Who can pay?
- It is mandatory for all males in the general category to pay the fees.
- All females from any category are exempted from fee payment.
- SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from fee payment.
- Check Step by Step process – How to Pay SSC CHSL Fees Online?
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Test
How much to pay, by whom?
Only OBC and general category students have to pay fees of Rs 100.
SSC CHSL Exam Dates Chart
|Start SSC CHSL 2020 Online Registration||03-12-2019|
|Last Date of SSC CHSL Application||10-01-2020|
|SSC CHSL Tier-01 exam||16 to 27 March 2020|
|SSC CHSL Tier-02 exam||28/06/2020|
Note- we have displayed only those dates which are officially announced by the SSC till the date. It has refrained from any ambiguousness and false information.
Check Complete SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of SSC CHSL 2020 is distributed into 3 tiers.
- Tier-1- online objective test
- Tier-2- offline descriptive test
- Tier-3 Typing test
Let’s discuss one by one.
This is an online test in which total 100 questions are framed for 200 marks,i.e., 1 mark for each question. The total time duration for completing tier 1 is 60 minutes.
(Earlier, candidates were given 120 minutes to complete 200 questions, but now the scenario has been changed)
Total 4 subjects are included to test the knowledge level of the candidate. These are mentioned below with their respective marks distribution.
Make note that unlike bank exams, there are no criteria to follow the sectional cut-off rule.
This examination tier will consist of Objective Type – Multiple choice questions only. The
questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- SSC English Topic Wise Syllabus
- How to Crack SSC English Exam?
- SSC Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- SSC CHSL Reasoning Preparation Tips
There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
If you got selected for tier 1, then only you will be promoted to tier-2 examination.
This is an offline test where a pen and a paper are given to the candidate and his writing skills are tested on the basis of the given topic.
This is conducted for 100 marks and the time limit allotted is just 60 minutes.
You will be asked to write an essay and a letter/application on a given topic, so you have to prove your writing skills following all grammatical and format rules.
At least 33% should be scored by the candidate to qualify this particular tier, rest is dependent on cut-offs. Once you passed this examination, you will be eligible to attend tier-3, which is called the typing test.
Tier-3-Typing test/Skill test
SSC CHSL Typing Test Pattern – This is the final test. Here your speed to type on a computer is checked. SSC has defined a standard to calculate the efficiency of the candidate.
Earlier, the candidate is required to have 35 words per minute, but now it is 50 words per minute for DEO aspirants.
35 words per minute are the benchmark for all candidates who desire for posts other than DEO.
Here you will be given a printed matter in English which you have to type as it is on the computer within 15 minutes with maximum accuracy. As mentioned above you should have 35 wpm tendency to pass this exam.
Here, your Hindi typing or English typing speed with accuracy is tested. The language mode will be prepared according to the choice filled up by you while filling up the application form for SSC CHSL earlier.
For Hindi typers, the speed should be 30wpm and for English typers, it is 35 wpm.
Visually handicapped candidates are allotted 30 minutes (who are 40% and above handicapped)
This particular test is given just 10 minutes.
- SSC CHSL Books Pdf Download
- एसएससी सीएचएसएल परीक्षा की तैयारी कैसे करे? हिंदी में
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Test
How to Apply for SSC CHSL 2020 Online – Step by Step Guide
To apply for the SSC CHSL exam, just follow the below steps.
- Visit www.ssc.nic.in.
- Find the appropriate link “apply for SSC CHSL 2020” and click on it.
- You will discover a new page directing you to online registration and online application form.
- First, register yourself under the registration framework and then go to apply form.
- Complete the 3 stage process of online filling up of form.
- save your registration ID and password which is generated online.
- Check this Step by Step guide on How to fill SSC CHSL Online Application Form?
To pass tier -1, you just need to pass the cut-off marks which will be set by the concerning authorities.
To pass tier-2, you first need to pass tier-1. Yes, this is mandatory. Also, it is a must to acquire at least 33% in this exam to qualify.
To pass tier-3, you only have to pass the pre-set benchmarks and cut-offs.
The final section of the candidate is calculated on the basis of his/her’s tier-2 and tier-3 scored. If the scores of both the tiers meet the selection eligibility scores, then the candidate is finally selected.
If the candidate passes the scores overall but fails to qualify in tier-3 individually, then also he/she will be considered fail.
|SSC CHSL Exam 2020 Latest Updates
|SSC CHSL Application Form 2020||SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2020|
|SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Pattern||SSC CHSL Exam Preparation Tips|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2020||SSC CHSL Exam Question papers|
|SSC CHSL Admit Card||SSC CHSL Result – Score Card|
See, it’s not like there are only 4 posts inside CHSL. Actually, these 4 posts are the generalized units. They all have sub-designations inside them (except posting/sorting assistant).
So, when you arrive at the center, you are given a form wherein all the designated posts are visible to you in a printed format.
You are just asked to set the priorities for all of the posts according to your needs.
When you pass the SSC exam, this particular form sheet is used to understand the priority of the candidate and accordingly he/she is assigned the post, condition apply if his/her marks match to the desiring post.
But, if the candidate scores are not up to the level of what he desires in the priority list, then the concerning authorities allot him/her the designation according to the marks achieved by them. That is, the post assigned may be lower or moderate.
SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus topics
Analogy, Venn diagrams, number series, coding-decoding, nonverbal reasoning, verbal reasoning, space orientation, figure classification.
Synonyms/antonyms fill in the blanks, idioms and phrases, one-word substitution, active-passive voice, sentence improvement, direct-indirect narration, Para jumbles, cloze test, comprehension passage.
Number system, percentage, ratio & proportion, square roots averages, Si-Ci, partnership, allegation and mixtures, algebra, time and work, time and distance, surds, geometry, menstruation, trigonometry, statistics.
NOTE: For Visually Handicapped candidates of 40% and above visual disability and opting for SCRIBES there will be no questions of Maps/Graphs/Diagrams/Statistical Data.
India- history, Geography, culture, economics.
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips
- Carefully fill your application form without any error. Hand yourself with pre-requisites while starting to fill the form.
- Always chose a good coaching center, if you want to study from an institute.
- Divide your time schedule nicely. Give proper time to every subject according to their weight age in the exam and as per your intelligent level on each subject.
- Speed your calculus part because, in QT, you can score as high as you can.
- Follow magic and short tricks to calculate things speedily.
- Take reference from authorized and good books. Don’t use series books and all. They are just rubbish.
- Give revision to your study material from time to time. For this, you can make short notes for quick revision.
- Register for Free SSC CHSL Mock Test
- This is a must. You should give a test series, always. Join some coaching institute or you can give online tests also by taking help from some useful websites.
- Practice more and more. Solve as many mock tests as you can. It will help you to understand the paper pattern and simultaneously will increase your speed.
- Solve only those questions which are sure to answer. The guesswork can lead you to negative marking.
- Always solve those questions which are quick and easy to answer. Skip the time-consuming questions and solve them at the last.
- If possible, give a revision to the attempted questions.
- For a particular English and descriptive subject, you should read the newspaper daily. You may enhance your skills by reading novels or some good literature material. This will help you in improving your GK also.
- Emphasis more on the last 6 months Gk.
I hope this complete guide on SSC CHSL 2020 Notification helps you a lot. If you face any trouble while applying for SSC CHSL application form you can ask me in our comment section given below.