SSC CHSL Preparation Tips 2018 – How to Prepare for SSC CHSL for LDC, DEO, Postal/Assistants, Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) and Court Clerk.
एसएससी सीएचएसएल परीक्षा की तैयारी कैसे करे? SSC 10+2 Preparation Tips 2018
We are talking about SSC CHSL 2018 examination which is popularly known by COMBINED HIGHER SECONDARY LEVEL exam. Just a few days before the SSC commission has announced the latest information on its website for holding SSC CHSL exam in their scheduled calendar’s top list.
There is an SSC CHSL notification to uphold the exam from 20th March to 20th April 2018. Total 5134 vacancies are waiting to occupy themselves with the deserving candidates.
These vacancies are –
- Assistant/ Sorting Assistant- 3281
- DEO- 506
- LDC- 1321
- Court clerk- 26
In this article, we not only help you to collect information about crucial factors related to SSC CHSL Preparation 2018 like Notes, Techniques, Shortcut Tricks, SSC CHSL Paper Pattern, Study Material, Study Plan and SSC Chsl Subject wise preparation tips but also we’ll manage to let you know “ What is CHSL?“ actually to help the real beginners.
What is SSC CHSL?
CHSL stands for Combined Higher Secondary Level, which means it is the medium to access the job opportunities for the posts of LDC, DEO, postal assistants, and clerks. Although, these posts might not be sounding you rich, being a government employee and that too at the central level is really not a jiffy game. It not even adds the weight age to your personality but the rapid career growth options in this aura will surely add an aroma to your living standard.
Like every year, this year also the SSC Commission has followed its culture and timely delivered its announcement for conducting SSC Exam 2018, recently it has declared its tentative dates to held CHSL examinations which are as follows.
|Starting of applying for online application form||18-11-2017|
|Last Date of SSC CHSL online application form||12-12-2017|
|Tier-I exam date||20-03-2018 to 20-04-2018|
|Tier- II exam date||24-06-2018|
|Tier-III exam date||Needs to be updated|
So, as you can see from the above table that you have a lot of time to ssc chsl 2018 preparation, to give a tough fight to this examination. But before applying for this particular form, you people should be aware of its prescribed rules which you need to fulfill to make yourself eligible to attempt this exam.
Filing an application form is easy; ssc chsl syllabus pdf downloading is easy; collecting study material is easy; even, attending an exam is also an easy task. Than what not is such easy to crack?
Indeed, it is your ssc chsl preparation strategy to learn your exam syllabus. Improper preparation plan and insensible time management will surely not output anything positive to anybody.
So, this is literally very essential to follow a proper timetable where a proper way to study is framed.
Here, through this article, we are going to take you in the preparation world, thus, awarding you with tips to crack ssc chsl exam 2018. Don’t go anywhere, just continue reading this article.
How to Prepare for SSC CHSL 2018?
- Always solve mock papers. Grab it from either coaching institutes or online.
- It is must solve previous year’s papers- at least past 5 years papers to understand the paper pattern.
- Divide your subject studies on time basis. Give much time to your weakness.
- Help yourself to revise things regularly.
- Don’t miss any class and practice things daily.
- Don’t lose hope if you do not pass your first attempt because” quitters never win and winners never quit.”
- Fetch some good authorized books to study. Don’t purchase any duplicate or unauthorized books from the market because it can mislead you. Also, you cannot claim anybody on the basis of unauthorized books.
- Try to involve in group discussions or group study. It will save your interest in the study.
- Think positive and do positive and achieve positive. Just follow this cool MANTRA in your life. These are some easy SSC CHSL Exam Cracking tips follow them seriously.
Government job, quick employment, attractive pay scale, good exposure to governmental services, career growth opportunities, high protection and what not! SSC CHSL or combined higher secondary level provides its million of aspirants the golden opportunity to grab all such vertex of luxury to enjoy the government vacant position just at the demand of very nominal eligibility.
|Latest SSC CHSL Exam 2018 Updates
|SSC CHSL Online Form 2018||Books for SSC CHSL 2018|
|SSC CHSL Job Salary||SSC CHSL 10+2 Preparation Tips|
|SSC CHSL Cutoff for 2018||SSC CHSL Exam Question papers|
|SSC CHSL Admit Card Download||SSC CHSL Result – Score Card|
Now focus on How to Start SSC CHSL Preparation?
You already know that SSC CHSL contains total 6 kinds of tests-
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English language
- Typing test
SSC CHSL EXAM PATTERN
Now that you have learned the basics of CHSL exam, let’s go little deeper, let’s know what all you need to know How to Crack SSC CHSL Exam Easily?
See, there are total 3 stages. At each stage, you need to clear the sub-stages and the main stage as a whole. GOT CONFUSED!
The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/ Skill Test (Tier-III).
Tier-I includes 4 subjects namely general intelligence and reasoning, GK, quantitative aptitude, and English. You will be having total 60 minutes to complete this paper on 100 questions.
More detail data you can check below-
SSC CHSL Topic wise Exam Pattern with marks
Computer Based Examination: Tier-I (Objective Type):
SSC CHSL Tier-II exam
Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper Mode. The duration of the paper would be for one hour.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
At least 33% is marked as a qualifying score which needs to be happening in just 1 hour. Means, this exam will happen for only 1 hour. You have to take care of your thoughts while you are writing plus the Grammarly mistakes which you may often encounter. These things are counted during your selection process.
Follow SSC CHSL Descriptive paper preparation tips given below.
SSC CHSL Tier- III exam-
This is known as the Skill Test/ Typing Test. This test is either conducted in Hindi/ English to test the typing strength of the candidate. The students are given a printed data which may have letters, numbers various punctuation marks and very complex combinations of all, which they have to type as it is on their screens challenging the typing errors and that too in the given time.
- Check Complete SSC 10+2 TIER 3 Exam Pattern here.
The time given to you in this section is 15 minutes in which you should have a speed of 35 words/ Minute for English typing test and 30 words/ minute for Hindi typing test.
Note that you are not to attempt both Hindi and English typing tests. It will be your choice only which means that what mode you had chose during your applications filling, only in that mode you have to complete the examination.
|SSC Junior Engineer Exam Tips and Tricks|
|SSC JE Syllabus Pdf Download|
Now we focus on SSC CHSL topic wise preparation
Start with general Awareness first-
How to Prepare GK for SSC CHSL 2018?
This is the vast subject considered in the world of competitors, and though, it is tough too. To prepare for this particular subject, you should follow steps.
- You can join useful SSC GK applications on your mobile itself, to regular update yourself with the knowledge, like-
Daily GK & Online Test SSC, IAS, PSC, IBPS Exams, SSC CGL 2018 Exam etc.
- One of the best tips to prepare for ssc chsl is learned things quickly by giving test series and solving ssc chsl mock tests as much as you can. The repeating questions in so many tests papers will surely get fixed inside your mind and you may no more have to feel a burden on yourself to learn numerous data.
- Maintain a copy of latest knowledge where latest events should be written regularly on daily basis.
- To write important things daily, you need to read the newspaper daily. So, don’t skip to fetch your daily newspaper.
- You can watch daily ‘SAMACHAR’ at television also.
- You should aware yourself with at least past 6 months data. So, collect past 6 month’s important information.
- Learn important date and events, important personalities up do’s and all which are fixed long past data and happened only once in past.
- You can link the important dates with yours or some other (relative’s) birth dates/ event dates, so make you learn things easily.
- Try to learn things using gaming method. In fact, there is some ssc chsl preparation technique also to learn things using picturization too. It’ll help you a lot.
- Don’t hyper if you are not able to answer questions while giving the examination. Just calm yourself first, and then move to the next question. Just, alert yourself to not attend any doubt oriented questions as this will negate your scores.
- For the preparation of ssc chsl exam, there is a book “Lucent’s GK”. This book is enough to cover all your chsl syllabus and 70% of your syllabus. For current data, you need to track the daily happenings of the surroundings.
|TOPIC||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS EXPECTED|
So schedule your SSC CHSL GK Preparation according to the given details.
How to Prepare Aptitude for SSC CHSL 2018?
- Start this subject with NCERT books first, in case, your basics are not clear.
- If you have enough time to study for ssc chsl, then you should first solve your questions by applying arithmetic fundamentals and only after that you should practice on short tricks.
The logic behind following such a thing is that until you understand the basic logic of solving questions, you’ll face difficulty in applying shortcuts which are numerously available.
- Practice more and more on short tricks because only short tricks can enable you to attempt maximum questions in a very short span of time (which is the most demand of exam).
- Until and unless you solve many mock tests, you’ll not be able to speed up your accuracy. So, solve at least 2 mock tests daily.
- Join test series, either at any institute or at online. Feel competitive and judge your performance in the crowd.
- How to start preparation for ssc chsl – Grab your syllabus and start with easy topics and then move towards the hard one. Also, you should solve the sheets topic wise side by side when you have studied the topics once.
- Don’t dare to skip your preparation for this subject because only this subject can help you to secure 100/100 marks without any negative markings.
- To speed your calculations, you ought to learn square roots and cube roots, till 20 at least. Also, you should learn tables till 30.
- Best Book for Quantitative Preparation.
|TOPIC||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS EXPECTED|
|Profit & Loss||2-3|
|Ration & Proportions||2-3|
|Mixtures & Allegations||1-2|
|Speed, time and Distance||1-3|
|Time & Work||1-2|
By following these SSC CHSL Maths Preparation tips you can easily score more on SSC 10+2 Exam 2018.
How to Prepare English for SSC CHSL 2018?
- To improve reading comprehension, learn antonym synonyms first. Improve your vocab.
- Learn 5 antonyms and related synonyms daily.
- Read English newspaper/ novels. If you can’t afford this paper then you can surf online.
- Grab meaning of hard words there.
- Solve unseen passages of mock tests.
- Solve previous year papers.
- It is always advisable to attempt the passages at the last because it needs time to read the whole passage and it is time consumable too while answering the questions.
- To improve your grammar, you have to practice hard. Follow learn grammar and speak grammar’ ideology.
- Practice on topic wise questions so that your encountering doubts are clarified simultaneously
- Try to write stories, blogs or news each day about any topic(in a time limit, say 20mins) in your own way without doing any duplicity and also try to test and debug your errors.
- You can take help of some following tools to check your English skills-
- Grammarly tool- to check your grammatical errors.
- Google analytics- to check your content duplicity.
- Spell checker- to check you’re spelling mistakes. You can also use F7 to quickly catch the errors.
- Word count Calculator- to help you limit the given number of words.
- Try to escape from using same words again and again in your text. Make sure you put another same meaning word which would help you to learn synonyms and antonyms automatically.
- Best Book for English Preparation
Follow these SSC CHSL English Preparation tips to easily score good marks.
|TOPIC||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS EXPECTED|
|Vocabulary/ cloze test||10-15|
|Active-passive voice/ direct-Indirect speech||3-6|
How to Prepare Reasoning for SSC CHSL 2018?
This test is conducted to test your decision-making power, so your mind should be quick and accurate to answer.
- You should keep yourself as the main server of the question and then move yourself according to the question. Answering after then will become easier for you.
- This strategy can be applied in solving Blood relations, Sittings arrangements, Direction sense etc.
- For statement and conclusion practice, it is our personal advice to not solve many questions in a single day because it will surely take you towards complex confusions.
- Solve mock tests and join test series. It is important part of SSC CHSL Reasoning Preparation
|TOPIC||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS EXPECTED|
|Ordering and Ranking||2-3|
|Direction & Distances||0-1|
How to Prepare for SSC CHSL Typing Test?
- Whether you are giving your test in Hindi/English, a typing test requires speedy typing in both. Your efficiency will be judged on the basis of the number of correct words typed in a given limited time.
- You should join some typing Institute and should practice their daily.
- You should give at least 1 hour to practice the typing.
- Speed your typing in such a manner that you always crack the benchmark set by the SSC for passing the CHSL exam.
- You should give at least 1 month to command it.
- You can practice at your home also using your Lappy or PCs. Just grab any newspaper article or any good material and start to write the same on the screen. But before this, you should set timer also for a better result.
Follow these SSC CHSL Typing test Preparation Tips to score well.
Question Ideas for SSC Preparation for CHSL Exam 2018
- Oats: Ravi crop:: Kharif crop:?
- A pineapple costs Rs X each. An apple costs Rs. Y each. Ram spends Rs. 38 on these fruits. The number of pineapples purchased is?
- Antonym of ‘reform’
- He shows great ability _________ Mathematics.Ans. In.
- America was _________ by Columbus.Ans. discovered.
- Change the voice of “The bank manager’s bank account has been hacked.” Someone hacked the bank manager’s bank account.
- Ravi asked me, “Has your brother returned from Dubai”? Ravi asked me if my brother had returned from Dubai.
- One of the officers who were (1)/was (2) suspected of treachery was the major himself.
Ans: (1) One of the officers who was suspected… Solution: because we the group of objects is “the officers who were suspected of treachery” and the major was one of them.
- hand Bibi was the ruler of? Bijapur & Ahmednagar
- The book “12 years a slave” was written by? Solomon Northup
- Who won the Oscar for Best Director in 2016? Alejandro González Iñárritu
- The Maithili language is spoken in which state? Bihar
Best Books for SSC CHSL Preparation 2018
- SSC CHSL (10+2) LDC/DEO/PSA Online Exam Tier – I 2018: Solved Papers 2017 + 3 Practice Sets.
- Kiran’s SSC Chsl (10+2) Tier – I Online Cbe Practice Work Book.
We hope this Complete Guide on SSC CHSL Preparation 2018 is meaning something useful to you. Every time we try hard to display some happening things in front of you which can give the advantage to you in cracking your exam.
SSC CHSL is a group of 3 phase examinations which requires very simple eligibility criteria. Just a school degree and minimum 18 years of age are enough to sit for this exam. This is an irony that only a higher secondary pass student can entertain a central government job for himself/herself, which otherwise is not offered in other kinds of central government jobs.
This exam is conducted once every year on behalf of Staff Selection Commission for thousands of vacancies, you should follow these given tips to prepare for ssc chsl data entry operator, lower division clerk, postal assistant and court clerk exams.
This exam, however, extends the number of subscriptions from candidates to apply for the vacancy because not only a 12th pass student but also graduates, post graduated or diploma holding candidates apply in the majority to crack ssc chsl exam. This exaggerates the competition even more and tough.
Let me know in comment section below about which is the best procedure you follow to crack SSC CHSL Exam 2018. In case, you feel like you want to give your valuable suggestions to us, regarding our content or our acknowledgment, feel free to contact us anytime.