SSC GD Constable Bharti Notification 2018 for 54953 Posts of General Duty Constable (CISF, BSF, ITBP, SSB, NIA, SSB)
SSC GD Constable recruitment notice is most important for the candidates who wish to pursue the career as government job as police officer.
The competition is high among the contestant as lakh of contest across the different region on India
In the year 1975 government of India formed a commission which is named as subordinate staff commission, later on in the year 1977 it is re-titled staff service commission (SSC). It is a well known and renowned division in India.
SSC is accountable to inform students regarding jobs and vacancies. It is also known as karmchari chyan ayog. It holds the responsibilities to release vacancy for the various government department and subordinate offices.
The notification for SSC GD Constable 2018 vacancy has been officially uploaded on the official website
SSC will conduct the examination following phases in the SSC GD constable selection process:
- Written examination (objective type)- Merit is prepared based on written exam
- Physical Standard test/Physical Eligibility Test (it is Qualifying in nature)
- Medical test- (it is Qualifying in nature)
The staff selection scheme will conduct examination for recruitment of SSC Constable GD (General Duty) BSF, NIA, CISF, CRPF, SSB, SSF and Assam riffles-rifleman.
There are total 54,953 vacancies for the post of GD constables.
The SSC GD Constable vacancy notification is being uploaded on SSC’s website. www.ssc.nic.in.
In this blog, I have discussed the following topics
- About SSC Constable GD Bharti 2018 Details :
- SSC GD Constable Vacancy 2018 Important Dates :
- SSC Constable GD 2018 Eligibility Criteria :
- Physical Standard for GD Constable Exam 2018
- SSC Constable GD 2018 Application Form: How to Apply
- SSC GD Constable Application Fees 2018 :
- SSC Constable GD 2018 Exam Pattern :
- SSC GD Constable Syllabus Pdf:
- SSC Constable GD 2018 Selection Procedure :
- SSC GD Constable Admit Card 2018 :
- SSC Constable GD Cut Off 2018 :
- SSC GD Constable Result 2018 :
- SSC GD Constable 2018 Salary & Job Profile
- SSC GD Constable Preparation: How to Prepare
- SSC GD Constable Previous Year Papers :
- SSC GD Constable Online Test Series 2018 :
Let us discuss more in details
SSC GD Constable Notification Details
- Name of the Post: SCC GD (General Duty) Constable
- Constable GD Notification 2018 Release Date: 21-07-2018
- Total Vacancy: 54953
Given below are the important dates for the SCC CONSTABLE VACANCY;
SSC GD Constable Vacancy Important Dates
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 17-08-2018
- Constable GD Application Form 2018 Last Date to Apply Online: 17-09-2018
- Last Date for Generation of Challan: 17-08-2018
- Last Date for Payment of Fee: 17-09-2018
SSC GD Constable Vacancy Details:
|Forces||SSC GD Constable 2018 Vacancy (Male)|
|SSC BSF Constable Bharti||2351||1341||3267||7477||14436|
|SSC CISF Constable Bharti||26||13||47||94||180|
|SSC CRPF Constable Bharti||3893||1586||4230||10263||19972|
|SSC SSB Constable Bharti||1041||610||1420||3450||8521|
|SSC ITBP Constable Bharti||533||368||726||1882||3607|
|SSC AR Constable Bharti||290||361||446||1212||2311|
|SSC NIA Constable Bharti||0||1||2||5||8|
|SSC SSF Constable Bharti||38||47||75||212||372|
SSC GD Constable Female Vacancy
|Forces||SSC GD Constable Vacancy (Female)|
SSC GD Constable Bharti Eligibility Criteria
given below is the age criterion for SCC constable post
Have a look at the following
- Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Maximum Age: 23 Years
Age relaxation is applicable as per rules
Matriculation or 10th Class pass from a recognized Board/ University.
Interested candidates are required to go through the complete staff selection commission notification
Interested students can apply for SSC exam by visiting the official website of staff selection commission that is ssconline.gov.in.
Physical Standard for GD Constable 2018
The Physical Standard test is conducted for qualified candidate found in SSC CGL.
NOTE: The PST/ PET is not conducted for all post. If you are appointed for the post of Examiner, Preventive Officer, Excise Office or, SI, Inspector then only you are called for the Physical Test. Both Male and Female both candidates have to qualify minimum physical standard i.e. Chest, Height, and Weight according to the post.
Note 2: The chest measurement of Female candidates.
Take a look at the following
- SSC GD Constable males height-170 cms
- SSC GD Constable Females height-157 cms
- For male expanded 80 cms
- For female expanded 5 cms
Weights should be proportionate to the height
EyeSight for SSC GD Constable Recruitments
Acuity unaided (NEAR VISION)
|Uncorrected Visual Acuity
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP-III BY
|-In right handed person, the Right eye is better eye and vice versa. -Binocular vision is required.|
Given below are relaxation criteria for SSC GD constable post.
|The minimum height for all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||150|
|The minimum height for all Schedule Tribe candidates hailing from the North-Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and Naxal/ Left Wing Extremism affected Districts||160||147.5|
|The Minimum height for the candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States of Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir
|The minimum height for the candidates hailing from North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura||162.5||152.5|
|The minimum height for the candidates hailing from Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) comprising of the three Sub-Division of Darjeeling District namely Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Kurseong and includes the following “Mouzas” Sub-Divisions of these Districts: (1) Lohargarh Tea Garden (2) Lohagarh Forest (3) Rangmohan (4) Barachenga (5) Panighata (6) Chota Adalpur (7) Paharu (8) Sukna Forest (9) Sukna Part-I (10) Pantapati Forest-1 (11) Mahanadi Forest (12) Champasari Forest (13) Salbari Chhatpart-II (14) Sitong Forest (15) Sivoke Hill Forest (16) Sivoke Forest (17) Chhota Chenga (18) Nipania.||157||152.5|
SSC Constable GD 2018 – Medical Examination:
Candidates will be shortlisted for Detailed Medical Examination (DME) from the pool of candidates who successfully qualify PET/ PST. At the time of Detailed medical examination, the following documents will be verified:
- Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate to prove age, name and educational qualification.
- Domicile Certificate/ Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) issued by the competent authority.
- Certificate from serving defense personnel in the format prescribed at Annexure-IV of the notice.
- Undertaking in the format prescribed in Annexure-V from Ex-Servicemen candidates regarding completion of engagement in Armed Forces.
- Caste Certificate in the format prescribed at Annexure-VI and VII of the notice from the candidates seeking reservation/ age relaxation.
- Certificate from candidates who wish to avail relaxation in height/ chest measurement as prescribed in Annexure-VIII of the notice.
- Certificate from District Collector/ District Magistrate in respect of dependent applicants of riot victims as mentioned in category 04/ 05/ 06 under Para-4 (B) of the Notice.
- Nativity/ Identity Certificate by West Pakistani Refugee in the format prescribed at Annexure-XIV of the notice.
The selected candidates who clear the test will be medically examined by the Medical Boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness as prescribed
Candidates are required to undergo various test to ensure their physical fitness for the post.
|Visual Acuity unaided (NEAR VISION)||Uncorrected Visual Acuity (DISTANT VISION)||Refraction||Color Vision||Remarks|
|Better Eye||Worst Eye||Better Eye||Worst Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP-III BY ISIHARA||For right-handed person, the Right eye is better eye and vice versa. -Binocular vision is required.|
SSC GD Constable 2018 Application Form: How to Apply
Steps to apply for SSC GD Constable online form:
Seeking Contestants can apply for SSC GD Recruitment by going through the following given easy free steps.
- Visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission that is ssc.nic.in to SSC GD Constable Recruitment Apply Online.
- After that, you are suggested to click on the link “Apply online” tab which is accessible at the top of the home page to apply for SSC GD Constable Jobs.
- Click “GD Constable” tab the appropriate link of SSC GD Constable Notification 2018.
- Ensure requirements from SSC GD Recruitment Notification.
- If you find yourself eligible for the post, press on “Apply Online” link.
- Fill all the essential details in the Registration form such as – Name, Address, E-mail, Mobile Number, Category Educational Qualifications etc.
- After successfully completing SSC GD Constable Registration, download Online Application form.
- Attach relevant documents required along with Application.
- Review and recheck the complete SSC Constable GD Online Form & submit your Form.
- At last step, don’t forget to take print out of Application form for further usage in the procedure of Constable Recruitment.
SSC GD Constable Application Form 2018 – Documents required for form filling
Applicants are required to have the essential documents before they start to fill the online application form of SSC GD Constable 2018.
Following are the documents required by candidates are given below.
- Valid email ID which should be kept active till the declaration of results
- Scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned
- Credit/debit/net banking details if payment mode is online
- Mobile Number
SSC GD Constable Application Fee 2018:
The mode of payment is online
Women candidate and candidate’s belonging to SC/ST and Scheduled Tribe and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation
Other categories are exempted to pay the fees.
Given below is the fee for GD constable
- General / OBC – Rs. 100/- Only
- SC/ST/PWD – No Fee
Check Step by Step process – How to Pay SSC GD Constable fees online?
Download official Notification from here.
SSC Constable GD 2018 Exam Pattern :
Let us move forward to the syllabus of SSC GD constable
Take a look at the following
- SSC Constable Exam will carry total 100 marks.
- Time duration of exam is of 2 Hours.
- It constitutes of Objective type Multiple Choice Questions.
In SSC GD Constable Exam 2018, questions are put up from General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Knowledge and Awareness, Elementary Mathematics and English/ Hindi.
There is a provision of negative marking for attempting each wrong answer.
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||No. of Marks||Exam Duration|
|Part A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 Hours|
|Part B||General Knowledge and Awareness||25||25|
|Part C||Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
|Part D||English/ Hindi||25||25|
Examination Pattern For PST & PET Tests:
|Type||For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
|Race||5 Km in 24 minutes||1.6 Km in 8 minutes|
Exam Pattern For Medical Test
|Visual Acuity Unaided||Uncorrected Visual Acuity||Refraction||Color Vision|
|Near Vision||Distant Vision||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses||CP-2|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6 / 6||6 / 9|
SSC Constable GD Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the SSC Constable GD Recruitment Examination is mentioned below have a look at the following
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
The test is the measure of Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be analyzed through questions principally of non-verbal type.
This component may ask questions from analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding, and decoding, etc.
|SSC Exam Calendar 2018||SSC GD Constable Books|
General Knowledge and General Awareness:
It is one of the easiest and yet scoring section.
Questions in this section will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
The test will also ask questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially related to sports, History, Geography, Culture Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
It does not demand special study.
This paper will ask questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Menstruation, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
Candidates’ are requiring having the ability to understand the Basic English/ Hindi and his basic comprehension skills would be judged in the paper.
The questions in all the above components will be of Matriculation level.
SSC Constable GD 2018 Selection Procedure :
The selection procedure for SSC GD constable took place as the following
SSC GD Constable 2018 Bharti Selection Process
|Tier 1||Written Exam|
|Tier 2||PET/ PST|
|Tier 3||Merit List|
- Physical Standards Test (PST)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- Written Examination
- Medical Test
Above mentioned is the selection procedure for SSC GD constable post.
First and foremost candidates are required to clear physical standard test PST and physical endurance test PET.
If the candidates successfully clear the above test then they are being called for written exam.
Final selection is based on medical test and verification of documents.
SSC GD Constable Admit Card 2018 :
Candidates are curious to know about the admit card for constable GD post.
The Staff Selection Commission will reveal SSC GD Constable 2018 Admit Card prior two weeks of examination on its official site.
Therefore, applicants can download SSC GD Constable Admit Card 2018 two weeks before the exam by using their registration number and secured password.
All candidates are aware of that, admit card is very important and required documentation for each and every exam because without it candidates will not get an entry in the examination to the exam hall.
SSC Constable GD Cut Off 2018:
The Staff Selection Commission examination department reveals SSC Constable GD Cut off 2018 at the time of result declaration. As we know, Cut Off marks are the minimum scores that are required must be scored by the applicant for qualifying in SSC GD Constable Exam and for further selection round.
The SSC GD Constable Cut off Marks will be decided by the Staff Selection Commission examination authority. I
I have mentioned the expected cut off marks of SSC GD Constable 2018 below
Have a look at the following
SSC GD Constable Cut Off 2018 (Expected)
- For General: 37% – 42%
- For SC/ST/OBC: 35% – 39%
SSC GD Constable Cut Off 2015
- For General: 35% – 39%
- For SC/ST/OBC: 33% – 36%
SSC GD Constable Result 2018:
The staff selection will declare the result SSC GD constable on the official website
The result for written examination and medical test will be revealed after two months of examination
To be considered for final selection candidates are required to score as per the cut off marks released by the staff selection department.
SSC GD Constable Preparation: How to Prepare
Candidates to gear up your preparation for SSC GD constable post I am giving you here section wise tips.
Just go through them once
SSC GD Preparation Tips for General Intelligence & Reasoning
It is the most important section, which constitutes 25 marks in the exam. You should give at least 2 hours daily to the subject for thorough preparation
Reasoning questions are said to be less time consuming than that of quantitative aptitude. If you make a proper study plan and learn shortcut tricks with proper guidance then you can score well in SSC GD Examination.
Candidates are required to target their focus on important topics. Given below are some of the topics have a look at the following
- Similarities and Differences
- Coding and Decoding
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning and Figural Classification
- Arithmetic Number Series
General Knowledge and General Awareness
Any type of current affairs’ questions can be asked in SSC GD General Awareness section. So, candidates are required to read the newspapers and watch news channels to grab the current knowledge and information for SSC GD Preparation.
Candidates must prepare short notes so that you can revise in the last days of SSC GD Exam. Candidates must stay updated with the daily news events and current affairs through
I have mentioned the important topics for the SSC GD Exam Preparation for General Knowledge, some important topics are given below: –
Have a look at the following
- General Policy
- Indian Constitution
Elementary Mathematics requires more practice and learning formulas so that you can easily recognize the nature of questions.
This will also enhance your speed and accuracy while solving questions.
You should learn formula & short tricks while SSC GD preparation because you need to save time in the SSC GD Written Exam to solve mathematical section which is time-consuming in nature.
You are required to make a timetable to manage your time and give at least 3 hours daily for SSC GD Math Preparation.
As we all know practice is the key
Given below are some important topics will help you to make SSC GD Study Plan more effective. These topics are:
- Number Systems
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Distance
English forms the core subject in all competitive exams. The examiner test your Basic English skills, vocabulary and comprehension skills
For the preparation of SSC GD English section, candidates are required to read English newspapers daily, watch English channels or movies with subtitles to enhance your reading, skills and understanding skills.
Candidates are required to solve, mock test and other sample paper in order to strengthen their preparation for English.
You must learn and pen down at least one new word daily in order to polish your English skills.
Candidates are required to target their focus more on selected topics, which are given below:
- Spot the Error
- Idioms & Phrases
- Spellings/Detecting Miss-spelt words
In the examination hall, it is required for students to have a strategy; you need to solve the section in which you have strong preparation
Let us discuss some basic tips you may follow for the exam
- Know your syllabus and start your preparation for GD constable post exam
- Candidates are required to target their focus on goals
- Study topics wise
- Candidates must focus on the topic in which their base is not strong
- Try to solve the maximum question in order to have speed and accuracy
- Revision is must
- Be good in time management skill
- Prepare short notes of important topics
- Do not leave any topics
- Don’t get panic or over stress yourself, this won’t help at all
- Candidates can refer mock test and sample papers
- Ask for expert help
- You can also go for coaching
- Do not emphasis on cramming or rote learning
- Understand concepts
- Do not waste so much time in solving one question
- Remember the rule of negative marking
- Practice a lot when it comes to calculation in lengthy topics
- Enhance your vocabulary
- Follow the news channel and read the newspaper daily
- Candidates are required to read the above mentioned basic tips for the hassle-free smooth examination session
SSC GD Constable Previous Year Papers :
It is advised to candidates preparing for SSC GD constable post to go through last year paper to have command over how to solve question paper.
Practicing these old papers will surely help in scoring high marks.
SSC GD Constable Online Test Series 2018 :
You can seek help through practicing question online in order to excel your preparation.
Attempting this test will determine your position where you stand
These online test series are of the recent pattern. These series are available in a bilingual mode.
I hope I have covered all the necessary topics for your best of knowledge. If you like the posts do not forget to share it with friends and folks. Job aspirants as we know the SSC GD Constable Notification details has been declared recently. Gear up your preparation in order to achieve high scores.
If I skipped anything above please ping us through the below comment section.
All your suggestion is valuable. Keep liking and supporting.
All the best for future endeavors. Thank you
|SSC Exam 2018 Latest Updates
|SSC CHSL Notification 2019||How to Prepare for SSC Exam?|
|SSC JE Notification 2019||एसएससी परीक्षा की तैयारी कैसे करे?|
|SSC CGL Notification 2019||How To Prepare English for SSC Exams?|