SSC GD Constable Preparation Tips 2019 – How to Prepare for SSC Ground Duty Constable Exam
SSC GD post is the most sought-after exam among the candidates
Staff selection commission (SSC) conducts SSC GD constable force examination every year throughout India for the candidates who wish to pursue a career in government jobs under Special Forces.
SSC has officially declared the SSC GD Constable notification for ground duty constables on 21st July.
Friends the minimum educational qualification required is high school education. Candidates who have qualified the exam of 10th can also apply for the GD constable application form post.
Candidates who preparing for the post of GD constables under special force get ready and start your preparation.
It is important prior to SSC gd constable preparation for candidates to go through the syllabus of GD constable post.
There is grueling competition among the contestant for the GD constable post as lakh of participants competing hard for the post.
SSC GD is an outstanding opportunity for those who are preparing for a government job.
Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity. Opportunity once lost may not be recovered.
How to Prepare for SSC GD Constable?
In order to fetch topmost grades in GD constable exam candidates are required to kick-start their preparation along with best study material.
Students are required to visit the official website of GD constable post
The mode of examination is online. SSC will notify you regarding exam in the upcoming days.
The selection procedure for SSC exam is held in 4 stages
- Written Examination
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Medical Examination
This written examination is comprised of the following subjects-
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- English/ Hindi Language
- Elementary Mathematics
- General Knowledge
In this article, I have come up with SSC GD preparation tips, tricks, and strategies useful for candidates in cracking the exam effectively and thorough preparation.
GD Constable Topic wise Preparation Tips
SSC Constable Online Exam is of 100 Marks & Total Time Duration allotted for the exam is of 2 Hours.
You need to follow a smart study strategy to complete the SSC GD paper in a stipulated time frame.
Students SSC GD is not an arduous task. If you wish to score high you need to follow SSC GD preparation tips.
Aspirants if you are keen to learn SSC GD best tips then you are at the right place
Through this blog, I will draw light on SSC GD Preparation
Let’s take a glance at the following
Your very first step toward the SSC GD preparation must be to be well aware of exam pattern
- There are 25 Questions asked from each of the topics:- (i) General Intelligence & Reasoning (ii) English/ Hindi Language (iii) Elementary Mathematics (iv) General Knowledge & General Awareness. Every Question consists of 1 Mark.
- Each section in the examination is of equal importance so candidates should focus on each & every part of this exam.
- The test will constitute of 100 questions of total 100 marks.
- The question format will be objective type.
- Each question will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- The total time duration assigned to the examination is of 2 Hours.
- Online examination will be conducted in bilingual both Hindi and English language.
- There will be 4 sections in the question paper.
General Intelligence & Reasoning:-
This subject forms the key importance in every competitive exam.
Negative marking is comparatively high for this section because the candidate commits a maximum mistake in this section.
Questions asked in this section are o analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding, and decoding, etc.
General reasoning and intelligence play an important role in deciding the merit list.
In this section, the examiner will judge your ability to observe and analytical aptitude.
Below is certain SSC GD exam cracking tips for you. Take a glance at the below
- The section is very much scoring, therefore, you should focus on this part of the exam in order to ace your results.
- Try to attempt first the question of reasoning
- Practice last year papers thoroughly
- Refer mock test or join coaching classes for preparation of competitive exam.
- Reasoning section is less time consuming compared to quantitative aptitude
- Prepare study plan and learn short tricks
- Target your Focus more on important topics
- While attempting the paper remember the scheme of negative marking
I am providing you with general tips you may follow in order to score well in general reasoning and intelligence
SSC GD Preparation Tips for General Awareness
This section is most scoring and easiest comparative to other section.
Given below are some important topics covered in general awareness
Question asked from this section is to test general knowledge of students
Questions are designed to judge knowledge regarding current events
The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
This section mostly covers the question from current affairs, history and current events happening around the world.
This section does not demand any specific preparation.
|SSC GD Constable Exam 2019 Latest Updates
|SSC GD Constable Physical Eligibility||SSC Constable GD Selection Process|
|SSC GD Constable Salary||SSC Constable GD State wise Exam Centers|
|SSC GD Constable Cutoff marks 2019||SSC Constable GD Question papers|
|Download SSC GD Constable Admit Card||SSC Constable GD Result – Score Card|
This section asked Questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Menstruation, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc. will be included
SSC GD Preparation tips for Elementary Mathematics
Students below are topic wise preparation tips for elementary maths. Let’s have a look
- The section is time-consuming demands a lot of calculations, therefore, candidates are required to keep a check on speed and accuracy in order to ace their result in elementary mathematics
- Practice daily for 2 hours
- Learn formulas
- Take a mock test or you may also go for solved papers
- Ask for expert help
- You may seek coaching help by joining some qualified institute for preparation of elementary mathematics
- Refer the best course book for mathematics
- First start your preparations with basic chapters then move forward to high.
Given below are topics
To provide your SSC GD preparation competitive edge you need to well familiar with important topics of your syllabus.
Topics to focus more:- Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Time and distance, Time and work, Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon.
SSC GD Preparation Tips for English
English is considered as a self-perpetuating language and it is also regarded as a global language
English is the accepted medium for every exam, therefore, it is necessary to acquire English skill.
In this section, the examiner judges your Basic English skill such as vocabulary, grammar, and comprehensive passage.
Important topics of the English language are given below.
- Spot the Error
- Idioms & Phrases
- Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words
I have mentioned below few preparation tips in order to ease your preparation for English section
Go through the following tips in order to ace your English section preparation
- Focus more on selected important topics
- Learn and pen down a new word daily this go hand-in-hand
- Read newspapers daily and watch English channels with subtitles in order to enhance your familiarity with English
- Focus more on grammar rules and try to improvise grammatical errors
- Build vocabulary so that you commit fewer mistakes in the English section
- Don’t waste time on topics which are not important
- Read comprehension daily and try to solve them
- Yes, of course, take advantage of the outside world
You can access various information through the internet and improve your English
- Expose yourself to English
- Dedicate extra time to weak areas
Note: students you are required to apply the strategy in order to attempt your GD constable post exam effectively. Try to attempt the question in which your preparation is strong
For the preparation of Hindi just go through the below-mentioned topics
SSC GD Constable Hindi Syllabus Important topics
Hindi: अलंकार, रस, समास, पर्यायवाची, विलोम, तत्सम एवं तदभव, सन्धियां, वाक्यांशों के लिए शब्द निर्माण, लोकोक्तियाँ एवं मुहावरे, वाक्य संशोधन – लिंग, वचन, कारक, वर्तनी, त्रुटि से सम्बंधित अनेकार्थी शब्द.
Job aspirants! I assure you By following the above mentioned SSC preparation tips for English section you may definitely score better grades in this section
Learn SSC GD last minute tips for SSC GD post exam 2019
- Revision is must for all the sections
- Devote extra time to weaker area’
- It is must analyze your preparation, therefore, you must review your performance accordingly and timely for better results
- Prepare notes of important topics
- Do not overstress and burden yourself just take it easy
- Stay healthy
- Have clarity of concepts
- Practice is the key. Question paper of reasoning and quant’s demands a lot of practice in order to gain perfection
- Candidates are required to study topic wise
- Candidates it is advised to join the SSC GD Constable 2019 Online Coaching for daily basis practice of online practice tests, online test series, and previous year papers.
- After completing the entire syllabus and revision of all topics, candidates must attempt Mock Tests with honesty. For the reason that it helps the candidates to know their weak points.
Best Books for SSC Constable GD Exam 2019
Students for SSC GD preparation it is suggested to follow only recommended books.
Candidates preparing for the post of SSC GD constable exam 2019 are inquisitive regarding which book they should consider for their preparation.
Job aspirants if you wish to crack SSC GD constable post exam you must go for the best study source which covers entire syllabus topics along with the solved-unsolved papers.
I have given below a few references of the best books which you may consider for your exam
Go through the below-mentioned books specifically designed as per the syllabus of SSC GD post
SSC GD Constable Exam Books 2019
|Name of the Books||Buy|
|Wiley’s SSC Constable (GD) Exam Goalpost Solved Papers & Practice Tests in Hindi||Check Here|
|SSC Constable (GD) Practice Sets + Solved Papers 2019||Check Here|
|SSC Constable (GD) in ITBPF/CISF/CRPF/BSF/SSB/Rifleman (ASSAM RIFLES): Exam Guide (Hindi)||Check Here|
|Wiley’s SSC Constable (GD) Exam Goalpost Solved Papers & Practice Tests||Check Here|
|SSC Constable (GD) Bharti Pariksha||Check Here|
|SSC MATHEMATICS Chapterwise & Typewise Solved Papers 1999 – till date, 8900+ objective questions||Check Here|
|SSC Recruitment of Constables – SSC Mathematics Guide||Check Here|
|SSC Constable Recruitment Exam: Recruitment of Constables (GDs) in a Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) 5th Edition in English||Check Here|
Given below are few SSC GD exam strategy you may refer for SSC GD post exam
- Time table-
Prepare a time table to set aside time daily for each of the section. Always go for the smart study approach.
Do not just form a time table and forget to follow. It will really help you to score high grades.
- Syllabus –
It is necessary to know your syllabus before you start preparation in order to gain familiarity with important topics and paper pattern.
- Standard book-
Job aspirants it is advised to study from the standard book which covers your entire syllabus and designed specially for SSC GD constable exam
Referring to standard books considered sufficient and enhances your chances of selection in the written examination. It is suggested that you must not leave any page unturned of any of such standard book.
- Previous year papers
Try to collect at least last five years question papers for SSC GD Constable Exam. Practice all of them on a regular basis because SSC uses to put a few of them in the upcoming exams. Previous year question papers are also considered important in the following given context.
- – Topic wise distribution of questions
- – The difficulty level of questions
- – Cut off marks
- – Type of questions
- Mock test and questions banks
After completing your entire syllabus it is advised to go for mock test and question bank.
With the help of the above, you can test your knowledge and gain clarity of the concept. Practicing Mock tests/ question banks eliminates the fear of examination hall, boosts up and strengthens your confidence, and trains you to solve the questions under the mentioned stipulated time
- Physical Activities
Candidates do not forget to train yourself physically because you will not sit in the written test until you qualify successfully the PET and PST test. So, manage at least 1 hour daily in the morning for physical activity and go for it on daily basis. In PET test, you are required to run 5 kilometers in 24 minutes. So, prepare it accordingly.
Candidate’s preparation is no rocket science. With hard work, enthusiasm and dedication you will surely achieve your ultimate goal. Do not leave your preparation for last minute by following above strategies, tips and tricks you will surely succeed in the upcoming examination of SSC GD constable post.
I hope you like the above information on SSC GD preparation tips are useful and best meet your need. If you like it share it with friends and community. No exam is considered tough until you decide to crack it with full determination and dedication.
Make whole heartedly attempt to crack SSC GD constable post exam. Also, if I skipped anything important in the above information kindly ping us through the below comment section.
Good luck for future endeavors thank you!