SSC Junior Engineer Job Profile, Promotions and Career Growth
Participants preparing for SSC JE exam are all inquisitive to learn about the SSC JE nature of work.
It is significant to grab SSC JE Post details so that you are well aware of the life and responsibilities of SSC Junior engineer.
Successful candidates who will score top-notch marks in the SSC JE results declaration will be shortlisted for the designation.
The job profile, promotions, and career growth are the main forces drivers which motivates the person to become the aspirant for any job. Recently, the SSC has declared the exam notification for the Junior Engineer job which is soon to be held between 22.01.2019 to 29.01.2019.
Aspirants for more details pertaining to staff selection commission JE exam you can visit the www.ssc.nic.in the official website for SSC exam 2018
The declaration about SSC JE 2019 notification has pushed many aspirants who are doing SSC JE preparation 2019 to look forward to the job profile of SSC JE Jobs. So, that they can decide whether they are interested to fight and struggle for this exam.
No doubt, the SSC JE job profile associated with the post plays a vital role in developing the interest inside the person and because of this; we are detailing the nature of SSC Junior Engineer work profile here so that the candidates who are unfamiliar about this job can come to know everything about this. Stay tuned.
SSC JE Job Profile, Roles, and Responsibilities
Aspirants, you must have knowledge about SSC JE job profiles details if you are willing to pursue a career as SSC JE.
- Whenever a fresher takes an entry in a new organization, they take time to understand the flow of activities within that organization. Same is the Jr. Engineer where he has to understand and observe the different entities and their related operations so that the nature and the job role of the organization can be understood well.
How different tasks can be executed, what things would be needed to accomplish the task, what to input and what to output, all this needs to be understood by the engineer.
Comrades the initial phase of SSC JE junior work profile is more related to learning and imbibing new the methods of doing a task
- As the engineer came to know about everything about the department, so he is aware of the government schemes also.
This makes him responsible to check that whether his department is following the government schemes and whether newly announced schemes have been implemented within the department properly.
- The junior Engineer has to make plans to start any project and have to take care regarding its successful completion. He has to analyze the difference between what he had planned and what he has derived actually. It is his responsibility to cover that difference by regularly checking and correcting the project until it reaches the finished stage.
- The number of laborers required for a particular project and allotment of work according to their skills is the duty of Jr. Engineer.
- The framing of plans for the next day and the duties meant to be done by others on daily basis is also one among his duties.
- The junior engineer is responsible for supervising the activities of laborers and equipment’s in the department who are meant for completing the task. The proper functioning of equipment’s and skillful execution of work is under the responsibility of the Junior Engineer.
- The civil engineer is responsible to check the proper designing of the project and its effective construction. The projects may be regarding buildings, roads, bridges or canals or anything other which is physical.
- The electrical engineer is responsible for taking care of the smooth functioning of electricity flow in the whole department or the organization. He also builds new electric equipment and ensures its proper functioning without compromising with its electrical nature. Detecting the electric problems in organizational equipment and providing a solution is the job duty of an electrical engineer.
- The mechanical engineers have to design large projects like designing and manufacturing power systems, generators, engines or anything which is large and complicated. He checks the mechanical function of the machinery inside the department.
- The Junior Engineer should have the capability to get the work done from his subordinates. The subordinates also should accommodate the status of their work to him regularly.
- The Jr. Engineer has to keep a record of the works for which he is appointed and the works he has done. The work in progress is also mentioned by him in his records. This report is meant to be submitted by him to his seniors.
- Sometimes, he has to help his seniors in their routine work or file management activities.
- He has to maintain an accounting copy which has the description of the earning and expenditure of the department. The number of contractors hired and payments made to them is listed in the report and the total costs incurred to accomplish the project are defined in the report file.
- Junior Engineers must ensure the safety of equipment and also ensure that equipment is maintained from time to time. All equipment on the premises must be safe, reliable and efficient.
Work Structure of SSC Junior Engineer
A newly recruited fresher SSC Junior engineer will be responsible for the various functions in the department.
It begins from taking stock of daily work done by the laborers to making plans for the next day involving allotment of work, supervising etc.
Aspirants the topmost appetency in your mind is regarding what is the duty of SSC JE officers? Right! In an attempt to ease your concern. I have described below job profile for SSC JE
Below is the job description of SSC junior engineer
Supervision of Work: In the initial days as a beginner, this is the main function of an engineer as this provides the best opportunity to understand the functions of an organization.
Planning: This part will start from a small level as making plans and estimates from a repair or renovation work and then a junior engineer will need to make exhaustive planning for flagship activities carried out by his or her section
Accounts: A junior engineer is responsible for maintaining the stock of his or her section along with passing bills for work done by the contractor or for any expenditure incurred by the section
Scheme Execution: In the organizations where the junior engineers will be posted, there are various government schemes being executed and Junior Engineers have to make sure that ensure smooth flow of work related to these schemes are undertaken
Assisting Superiors: A junior engineer is the head of his or her section and therefore, any briefing required for the section will be taken from the Junior Engineer. If his or her section is dealing with an important project, he or she has to report to the higher authority on a daily basis.
|SSC JE Exam 2019 Latest Updates
|SSC JE Salary and Benefits||SSC JE Application Form 2019|
|SSC JE Cutoff marks 2019||SSC JE Preparation 2019|
|SSC JE Exam Dates 2019||SSC JE Question papers|
|SSC JE Admit Card 2019||SSC Junior Engineer Result 2019|
SSC JE Salary Structure 2019
Seeking SSC JE aspirants your search for SSC JE work profile and SSC JE salary has landed you here. You are at the right place.
The in-hand salary of SSC JE as per the new commission will be Rs. 44,000 per month including all the other allowances which are:
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Medical Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Travelling Allowances
- Other Special Allowances, etc.
SSC Junior Engineer Career Prospects
Now if you are in any job, you expect promotions. Obviously, who will not expect this? SSC JE officer career growth is bright. The job promotions are done in Jr. Engineer job also.
Although, the job promotions inside the Jr. Engineer post is done after 5 years. After passing the years, the employee can be promoted in either of two stages-
- Senior Section Engineer
- Executive Engineer
If you can’t wait for 5 years to get the promotion, then you have one more option that you can fight for these promotional exams which are held within the departments.
But note that your promotion will depend upon vacancy, reservation, seniority, and many other factors.
You can become even up to superintending engineer before retirement. You can fight for these exams and acquire the promoted seat in a relatively less time.
Every time, while your promotion, your salary will be increased by a certain pay scale and that is Rs4200.
On an average, the junior engineer get a salary of Rs33000 and that is in-hand salary but as per the new 7th pay commission, the employees will get Rs44000 in-hand salary onwards.
Points to be noted for Jr. Engineer post-
- The Jr. Engineer is a central government job by the government of India.
- The shortlisted candidate can be posted in either of Central Water Commission, Central Public Works Department, Military Engineering Services (MES), or Department of Posts (DoP) departments.
- It is a B grade non-gazetted category post of the central government.
- It is responsible for planning, designing and other works in their respective areas of specialization.
- The Jr. Engineer has to face transfers often as it is a central level job and not a state government job.
- It is a very comfortable and a relaxed kind of job.
SSC junior engineer aspirants now I hope you are well informed regarding what is the work of SSC JE officer?
Thus, we can conclude that SSC JE job profile is desirable and junior engineer officers are entitled to get promotions to higher ranks accordingly.
|SSC CHSL Job Profile||SSC CGL Job Profile|
|SSC MTS Job Profile||SSC Steno Job Profile|
We wish that this post gives you adequate information and guidance on through basic features about the SSC junior engineer job profile.
After reading this article, if you have made up your mind to fight for this job, then we would say that just go and win the battle. We will do everything that we can do to support you regarding the study materials and handling your doubts which you may encounter while doing preparations.
Write us your reviews on this article in the comment box.
Stay connected with us to get regular updates.