CDS Exam Pattern 2019 Details | Combined Defence Service Exam Paper Scheme
UPSC CDS Exam 2019 is scheduled on 04.02.2019 at various centers in all over India. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined defense service exam two times in a year. UPSC Combined defense service exam conducts for admission to various courses under Indian Military Academy (IMA), Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy (AFA), Officers Training Academy (OTA).
The first part of the CDS 2019 exam is successfully filled CDS online application form then you should start your preparations and must check UPSC CDS Exam pattern and syllabus. here you find CDS latest exam pattern and CDS Exam Paper format.
CDS Exam Pattern 2019 Analysis
Most of the students start their CDS preparation without having CDS paper pattern that what is the pattern of CDS Exam? how many marks it contains and from which subject. here you find proper knowledge about CDS Online Exam 2019. CDS paper divides into two parts. 1. CDS Written exam 2. Interview.
The first part must be qualified by candidates to be called for interview. Later we will also talk about the written exam and interview below firstly you should check this table for a better idea that what is CDS Exam 2019?
CDS Exam Pattern for IMA, AFA courses Written Exam Pattern for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy
|I||English Paper||100||2 hours|
CDS OTA Exam Pattern Courses Written Exam Pattern for Officers’ Training Academy
CDS Written Exam Pattern details
- UPSC online CDS exam pattern of the written exam includes objective type questions (Multichoice answer) with a time duration of 02 hours and 100 marks for each subject.
- Those candidates applying for the IMA, INA & AFA courses they should have to face three papers English, GK and Maths perhaps who applying for OTA course they only face two papers English and General knowledge is written test.
- CDS test pattern is divided into two parts first Written exam and the second is (Intelligence and personality test). who are qualified for the first level is written test they are called for an interview at the Service Selection Board (SSB) based on their preference, by the respective service HQ.
- CDS Exam marks pattern – The maximum marks allotted to CDS written test and Interview will be same for all courses such as Indian Military Academy (IMA) course – 300 marks , Indian Naval Academy (INA) course – 300 marks, Airforce Academy (AFA) course – 300 marks , Officers Training Academy (OTA) course- 200 marks
- CDS Salary Structure 2019
General Instructions for CDS written examination
Below are some important instructions for CDS Exam you should aware about all of these.
- Participants must double check their eligibility for CDS exam because your admission will be absolutely temporary subject to fulfilling the prescribed eligibility conditions like (Age criteria, educational qualification criteria, reservation etc.)
- You must enter all of your details properly verified along with the original documents. only issuing of Admit Card will not take your admission to the final level.
- You should apply online only via visiting the official website of UPSC online www.upsconline.nic.in. No other source will be accepted.
- UPSC department issued E-Admit cards before CDS Exam you should have to download it from UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in. No, Admit cards will be sent through the ordinary post.
- You must use black pen only for marking answers.
- You should not carry any of electronic device ( Mobile, Bluetooth, Pager) and any type of test booklets with you in the examination hall.
Interview (Intelligence and personality test)
Exam pattern for CDS interview is a combined test of various levels such as Personal interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. it may take over 2 days time. The identity of the applicants is surveyed by three unique assessors, i.e. the Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist.
Note: – These all tests will be intended to draw out the presence or nonappearance of officer-like qualities and their trainability in a competitor. In like manner, competitors will be suggested or not prescribed at the SSB. And the marks are given on based on overall performance in all tests.
The total maximum marks for the interview will be 200 for OTA and 300 for IMA, Naval, and Air Force. Candidates for the Air Force wing and Naval Aviation will also undergo a Pilot Aptitude Test.
Selection Process for CDS Exam:-
The Services Selection Board (SSB) conducts a two-stage selection process level I & Level II. UPSC department published a list of shortlisted candidates for the written exam and the next level is for Intelligence and Personality Test.
- The Union Public Service Commission will declare a qualified list of candidates (based on the written exam).
- The selected candidates will appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test.
- The total maximum marks for the interview will be 200 for OTA and 300 for IMA, Naval, and Air Force.
Candidates for the Air Force wing and Naval Aviation will also undergo a Pilot Aptitude Test.
- All participants who qualify level II will be required to present the original Certificates along with one photocopy of each document.
- For the final result, participants must secure minimum qualifying marks in both stages (i) Written examination and (ii) SSB test
- Final selection for CDS admission will depend on the number of vacancies in each wing and selection will be subject to medical fitness and suitability.
|Combined Defence Service (CDS) Exam 2019 Latest Updates
|CDS Notification 2019||CDS Exam Dates|
|CDS Application Form||CDS Syllabus 2019|
|CDS Exam Preparation Books||CDS Exam Question papers|
|CDS Admit Card 2019 Download||CDS Physical Eligibility|
How to prepare for CDS Exam?
Aspirants start their preparation for the CDS Exam from today. Firstly read CDS UPSC exam pattern above and now check CDS Syllabus exam pattern. you should check previous year CDS question papers for a better idea of CDS 2018 exam pattern. you must schedule proper time management for all subjects of CDS exam. here you find the complete guide to CDS exam preparation tips and tricks.
Read – UPSC NDA Exam Pattern 2019
Final Words – Hope this CDS Exam Pattern details give you some profit points and help you to understand UPSC CDS 1 exam pattern and you can also share your experience of CDS 2019 question paper pattern with us. use our comment section below for any suggestion and query and also download CDS exam pattern and syllabus Pdf via given a link. check more articles and information on UPSC Examination 2019.
|Latest UPSC Exam Updates 2019|
|UPSC SCRA Exam||UPSC Civil Service Exam||UPSC Syllabus 2019|
|UPSC CDS Exam||Engineering Service Exam||UPSC Exam Dates|
|UPSC CISF Exam||UPSC Forest Service Exam||UPSC Exam books|
|UPSC NDA Exam||UPSC Results||UPSC Question Papers|
|UPSC CMS Exam||UPSC Interview Questions||UPSC Admit Card|
|UPSC CAPF Exam||UPSC Coaching Centers||UPSC Exam Tricks|