CDS Physical Eligibility Criteria | Medical Criteria for CDS | UPSC CDS Visual Standards with height and weight eligibility.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to conduct Combined Defence Service exam (CDS 2017) for joining the Indian military academy (IMA), Indian naval academy (INA), Air Force Academy (AFA), and the Officers Training Academy (OTA).
Aspirants should submit their CDS online application form before the last date, but before filling the form, you need to check your eligibility for CDS Entrance exam. Here, we are talking about CDS physical standards and CDS medical fitness both. Check all information regarding “CDS Physical eligibility” below.
Physical Standards for UPSC CDS Exam –
General physical and mental standards are very important points to consider before applying for UPSC CDS Exam. Here, you’ll find the physical requirements of CDS exam and what type of physical fitness required for CDS? Check below.
- First of all, the participants should take care that they are physically & mentally fit and fine and free from any type of disease/disability.
- Participant does not have any type of mental breakdown record in past.
- The aspirant must undergo a preliminary medical check-up for wax in ears, refractory error of eyes, a fungal infection of skin before reporting for the SSB interview.
- Candidate must be under a standard weight
- The chest should be in fine condition. An x-ray of the candidate will be carried out for figuring out any disease in his chest.
- The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
- There should be no disease of bones and joints of the body. These are some of the CDS Physical criteria for interested candidates.
- CDS Officer Salary 2018 Structure
Here are more things which are also considered as CDS Physical eligibility.
Medical Eligibility for CDS
CDS Medical examination is also an important part of CDS exam eligibility. Here are many CDS physical conditions in medical examination. Check it out.
- A Participant selected by the Services Selection Board (SSB) will undergo a medical examination process by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
- Female participants will undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising male / female doctors/specialists / Gynecologist. There will be a lady Medical Officer as a member of Board.
- Whole Generated reports by Medical board are confidential and are not subjected to disclose to anyone.
- The final decision of candidates fitness will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board.
- The candidate will also be intimated about the procedure for Appeal Medical Board.
- Candidates declared unfit during Appeal Medical Board will be intimated about the provision of Review Medical Board.
- Candidates must be Physically and Mentally fit according to the given standards. For more details such as vision standards, Height & weight criteria, eyesight criteria, Ear, Nose, throat, teeth condition etc. you have to stay tuned for the upcoming sections.
Height and weight standards
CDS Exam physical eligibility test also includes one major point and that is the aspirant’s height. Here is a table for height required for CDS Exam for male and female candidates with weight parameters.
Height/Weight Standards for Male Candidates Study Sector Guide
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|18 years||20 years||22 years|
|152||44 (45 navy)||46||47|
|155||46||48 (47 navy)||49|
|Height/Weight Standards for Female Candidates Study Sector Guide|
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|20 years||25 years||30 years|
Eyesight eligibility for CDS Exam
Most of the students ask this question that ‘What is eyesight criteria for CDS?’. CDS physical test also covers your eyesight conditions and vision standard for Naval and Airforce which is been mentioned below.
Eyesight for CDS Exam –
Vision standard for Male Candidates
- Candidate must able to read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each eye with or without glasses (For Navy and Air Force without glasses only).
- Myopia should not be more than 3.5D
- Hypermetropia should not be more than 3.5D including Astigmatism.
Vision standard for Female Candidates
- Aspirant must able to read 6/6 (better eye) and 6/8 (worse eye) in a distant vision chart with or without glasses
- Myopia should not be more than minus 5.5 including Astogination.
- Internal examination of the eye will be done by means of ophthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye.
- A candidate must have a good binocular vision.
- The color vision standard will be CP-III.
- A candidate should be able to recognize red and green colors.
|Vision standard for Naval
||Vision standard for Air Force
|Uncorrected without glass 6/12||Uncorrected without glass 6/12|
|corrected with glass 6/6||corrected with glass 6/6|
|Limits of Myopia -1.5||Limits of Myopia -0.75D|
|Limits of Hypermetropia +1.5||Limits of Hypermetropia +1.5D|
|Binocular vision III||Binocular vision III|
|Limits of color perception I||Limits of color perception I|
Teeth, Ear, Nose and Throat Conditions – CDS Physical Qualification also covers your conditions of teeth, ear Nose, Throat etc. Check the standards given below.
- The applicants ought to have an adequate number of normal and sound teeth.
- At least 14 dental focuses will be satisfactory.
- A hopeful ought not to be experiencing serious pyorrhea.
- The listening must be ordinary.
- A hopeful ought to have the capacity to hear a constrained whisper with every ear at a separation of 610 cms in a very room.
- There ought to be no confirmation of present or past disease of the ear, nose, and throat.
- A sound metric test will be ruined AF. Sound metric misfortune ought not to exceed+20 db in frequencies somewhere around 250Hz and 4000 Hz.
|Combined Defence Service (CDS) Exam 2017 Latest Updates
|CDS Application Form||CDS Exam Syllabus|
|CDS Exam Pattern||CDS Notification 2017|
|CDS Exam Dates / Schedule||CDS Exam Question papers|
|CDS I 2018 Admit card||CDS Preparation Tips|
Other Physical Standards
- The aspirant must have no signs of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessels.
Blood Pressure must be normal.
- The muscles of stomach area ought to be all around created and there ought to be no broadening of liver or spleen.
- Any proof of sickness of inside organs of the stomach area will be a reason for dismissal.
Radial keratotomy and Laser surgery will not allow you to qualify the exams.
- Un-worked hernias will make a hopeful unfit. If there would be an occurrence of Hernia which has been worked, at least 1 year or more then he is eligible.
- There ought to be no hydrocele, varicocele or heaps.
- Pee examination will be done and any variation from the norm if distinguished will be a reason for dismissal.
- Any ailment of skin which is liable to bring any inability or deformation is likely to be a reason for dismissal.
- For ladies applicants, if pregnancy is identified at any stage, after the determination at SSB or amid preparation, it will suspend the competitors including issue less Dowager divorcee from the award of commission.
Medical Standards for Air-Force
Physical standards for UPSC CDS Exam Air Force division should be carefully read by the candidates. These following medical standards will be applicable in respect of Air Force aspirants only.
X-ray of the Cervical and Lumbosacral spine will be carried out. The following conditions detected in the X-ray will be disqualified :
- Granulomatous disease of the spine.
- Scoliosis more than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s Method (10 degrees for Army).
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Herniated nucleus purposes.
- Compression fracture of Vertebra.
- Sacralization Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit.
- The presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital, and atlanto-axial anomalies.
- Incomplete Sacaralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spinabifida other than SV 1 and LV 5
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by a specialist.
Anthropometric (Body) Measurements for Air Force Pilot
|Leg length||99.00cm – 120.00cm|
|Thigh length||Max 64.00cm|
|Sitting height||81.50cm – 96.00cm|
Combined defense services physical standards may vary from official notification of UPSC CDS 2017. Candidates required to check all UPSC CDS Physical standards carefully before applying for CDS Exam 2017. You should check these points of Physical ability for CDS, Medical standards for Indian Army and Air Force separately, and also Vision standards, CDS Height eligibility etc. Note that some of the UPSC CDS I 2017 physical standards for girls are different from boys.
Hope you find something useful in this article of UPSC CDS 1 Exam Feb 2017 Physical eligibility criteria. Share your CDS Physical exam experience here to help other students and for any type of suggestion and query for Physical Requirement of CDS Exam, you can use our comment section given below. Check Other related posts of UPSC Examination 2017 Official website www.upsc.gov.in.
|Latest UPSC Exam Updates 2017 – 2018|
|UPSC SCRA Exam||UPSC Civil Service Exam||UPSC Syllabus 2017|
|UPSC CDS Exam||UPSC Engineering Service Exam||UPSC Exam Dates|
|UPSC CISF Exam||UPSC Forest Service Exam||UPSC Exam books|
|UPSC NDA Exam||UPSC Results||UPSC Question Papers|
|UPSC CMS Exam||UPSC Interview Questions||UPSC Admit Card|
|UPSC CAPF Exam||UPSC Coaching Centers||UPSC Exam Tricks|